Super Wiki Story

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Hello. This GalacticPetey. You might know me from Mario Wiki. Anyway in case you didn't know, I am writing a story called Super Wiki Story on Userpedia. Since Userpedia doesn't seem active enough, I am having sign ups here. All the main character spots are taken. But I have minor characters available.

So if you wish to be a minor character, leave a post!

GP, I just want to tell you, now that you've opened this thread, expect criticism. Some will be constructive, some won't. Don't take offense to it.

And I'm Ralphfan. And I'm not requesting a minor cameo. And I just started three sentences with "and" even though I know it's poor grammar.

Post also Glad your not taking the story seriously, so we don't have to either. Taken seriously, the story is terrible, taking it not seriously, the story is not bad, but taking it in between, the story is below average because in chapter..... I think it was 3, 4, or 5 it seem like you took a truck load of Godzilla and dumped it all over your fanfic and made it seem like it has nothing relating to Userpedia or the SMW.

Well I wanted to make a story that had users and references to the greatest film series of all time. I really don't care about people's thoughts on this story. Even if everyone hates it, I will continue with it.

New Snowman Mario said:
Think of it this way: Userpedia=GP=Godzilla. It's still about Userpedia. :rolleyes:

Cool statement, bro.
By that logic I could create an article about chicken wings on Userpedia, since chicken wings-->Edo likes chicken wings-->Edo-->Userpedia. I'll get to work immediately.

Anyway, regardless of the story's overall quality, which I cannot judge at all since I haven't read it, stories that have users as their protagonists are covered by Userpedia. So there's really no point in discussing whether this story has enough to do with Userpedia or not.

I'm guessing you don't give a crap what I think about your story, but here goes:

You put the word Wiki in the title. That alone is a recipe for disaster. In Part 1, some sysops you don't know (maybe you've talked to them, but you aren't friends with them) go missing, and you battle a troll you've never met and say, "OMG TROLLS ARE BAD". You also make it clear that you want to protray Smoke as evil, but the worst you can make him say is, "You son of a Birdo!" If you're going to put profanity in a story, which isn't necessary or anything, at least do it properly. Honestly, I don't know why you're so afraid of it. Part 2 is OK, with a bit of descriptive language. However, you stick to the stereotype that a story has to be about you and your friends rescuing Admins from evil trolls. In Part 3, Porple goes missing (case and point this is a clear sign of a stereotypical fic by a new user). Then you confront WarioLoaf, who you never met. I met him a couple times, and I'll just let you know that he is a great image editor. However, he is a pervert. In Part 4, you fight WL and Jaime. I barely remember Jaime, but I know him far better than you. I remember when he hacked the forums, pretending he was Rudnicki. Part 5 is a bunch of Godzilla fanboyism. Seriously, it gets annoying really fast. Part 6 is more Godzilla fanboyism, and you meet more of your friends. In Part 7, you meet more friends, worship Godzilla and plan to confront WL. In Part 8, you confront Willy on Wheels. Did you ever meet him? I thought so. Then you have more Godzilla fanboyism. Part 9 is a fight against the evil troll, WarioLoaf, who wants to kill you all and stuff. In Part 10, you fight WarioLoaf more.

I'm sure that last extremely long paragraph had a lot of errors because I only skimmed your story. Anyway, I'm not blaming you for this. This is a process most users new to Userpedia may go through. I hope you finish your story, because Userpedia is extremely low on finished projects. However, you need to know that it's been done before, and that this plotline is very unpopular and overused. The grammar is OK, but it needs a little work.

I hope you don't take offense to my criticism. Every story has critics.

Sharks Territory said:
I'm guessing you don't give a crap what I think about your story, but here goes:

You put the word Wiki in the title. That alone is a recipe for disaster. In Part 1, some sysops you don't know (maybe you've talked to them, but you aren't friends with them) go missing, and you battle a troll you've never met and say, "OMG TROLLS ARE BAD". You also make it clear that you want to protray Smoke as evil, but the worst you can make him say is, "You son of a Birdo!" If you're going to put profanity in a story, which isn't necessary or anything, at least do it properly. Honestly, I don't know why you're so afraid of it. Part 2 is OK, with a bit of descriptive language. However, you stick to the stereotype that a story has to be about you and your friends rescuing Admins from evil trolls. In Part 3, Porple goes missing (case and point this is a clear sign of a stereotypical fic by a new user). Then you confront WarioLoaf, who you never met. I met him a couple times, and I'll just let you know that he is a great image editor. However, he is a pervert. In Part 4, you fight WL and Jaime. I barely remember Jaime, but I know him far better than you. I remember when he hacked the forums, pretending he was Rudnicki. Part 5 is a bunch of Godzilla fanboyism. Seriously, it gets annoying really fast. Part 6 is more Godzilla fanboyism, and you meet more of your friends. In Part 7, you meet more friends, worship Godzilla and plan to confront WL. In Part 8, you confront Willy on Wheels. Did you ever meet him? I thought so. Then you have more Godzilla fanboyism. Part 9 is a fight against the evil troll, WarioLoaf, who wants to kill you all and stuff. In Part 10, you fight WarioLoaf more.

I'm sure that last extremely long paragraph had a lot of errors because I only skimmed your story. Anyway, I'm not blaming you for this. This is a process most users new to Userpedia may go through. I hope you finish your story, because Userpedia is extremely low on finished projects. However, you need to know that it's been done before, and that this plotline is very unpopular and overused. The grammar is OK, but it needs a little work.

I hope you don't take offense to my criticism. Every story has critics.

Does it really matter if I actually met them? And yes I really don't care what other people think of this. Besides Nintendo uses the same plot for Mario games and look at them. Sometimes re-useing ideas is good.

GalacticPetey said:
Besides Nintendo uses the same plot for Mario games and look at them.

Well, Nintendo hasn't collapsed because of repetitive story-writing yet, because they specialize in video games. Video games are a curious medium. They can have stories that suck ass and make your brain eat itself with their sheer stupidity, as long as the gameplay is ok people will buy their stuff. Though I personally enjoy an atmospheric story together with good gameplay.

Stories however, are a (surprise) completely plot-driven medium, and as such good story-writing is vital. If your storywriting sucks, there is nothing that can save your project, no matter what standards there are in other media.

Edofenrir said:
GalacticPetey said:
Besides Nintendo uses the same plot for Mario games and look at them.
Well, Nintendo hasn't collapsed because of repetitive story-writing yet, because they specialize in video games. Video games are a curious medium. They can have stories that suck ass and make your brain eat itself with their sheer stupidity, as long as the gameplay is ok people will buy their stuff. Though I personally enjoy an atmospheric story together with good gameplay.

Stories however, are a (surprise) completely plot-driven medium, and as such good story-writing is vital. If your storywriting sucks, there is nothing that can save your project, no matter what standards there are in other media.
Per

Hey, I have an idea for a great new thing in your story. It's a revolutional new concept (or at least may be to you) and it may (possibly) go well with your story. It's called

:posh:Proper grammar and punctuation. :posh:

Well, okay, maybe the grammar/punctuation thing isn't too bad, but the editor must've fallen asleep or something. Some thing about it are kind of annoying. For example, this:

"Sample text sample text sample text." example character said.

should be turned into this:

"Sample text," example character [some more imaginative word than "said"], "sample text sample text."

It's just annoying and slightly confusing to have to read this:

"Sample text sample text sample text." example character 1 said. "Sample text sample text sample text." example character 2 said. "Sample text sample text sample text." example character 3 said.

...and to not know who's saying what. Also, I think you (as well as all the other users on both Userpedia and Mariowiki) don't know anything about the difference between "its" and "it's". It's means "it is/has." "Its", on the other hand, means the possessive form of "it." So you would NOT say:

"It's tooth is broken."

Because that would mean "It is tooth is broken." You also would not say:

"Its feeling very poorly."

I'm sorry, I'm a punctuation/grammar/style nut. If this hasn't (not "hasnt") been helpful, then you can write it off as annoying and ignore me. :posh:

Back