The Official :What do you Want for Christmas? Thread

What do you want for Christmas?

I am getting more Mario Plushes for my collection, a Playstation 1 (so I can save my PS1 games), BTR Album, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

It's too early for Christmas. Let Thanksgiving happen first.

An I.O.U. for a 3DS and an I.O.U. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

A reunion with my family, which I have lost contact with.

Tickets to the Vikings @ Redskins game, which I already got.

BaseballYoshi24 said:
BOO VIKINGS!

Shut up, you. What are you, a fudgepacker fan?

Is... Is that a gay joke, or does it just not make sense?

Or is it a quote from something I've never seen?

Herr Shyguy said:

Football is one of the major American sports. The primary professional league for American Football is called the National Football League, or abbreviated as NFL. The NFL has 32 teams, and is divided in to two conferences of 16 teams each; The National Football Conference and the American Football Conference, abbreviated as NFC and AFC, respectively.

Each Conference has 4 divisions. A North, South, West, and East division. Each division has 4 teams, and teams that are in the same division play each other more often than any other teams in the League, so naturally, rivalries form within the divisions. The Minnesota Vikings, a team I am a great fan of, is a team in the NFC North. They are the team I am going to be watching with the tickets I got for my Christmas present. However, BaseballYoshi24 replies by saying "Boo Vikings"; this implies that he does not like the Vikings. The fanbase that hates the Vikings the most are fans of the Green Bay Packers, another team in the NFC North, a division rival of the Minnesota Vikings. The Packers derive their name from the meat-packing industry of Wisconsin. However, Vikings fans, who typically hate the Packers, dub them with a "Lame Name" in order to insult them each time when referring to them. In this case, a play on words from their team name, "Packers", and "fudgepacker", which I'm sure you know what that means.

President Iwata said:
Herr Shyguy said:

Football is one of the major American sports. The primary professional league for American Football is called the National Football League, or abbreviated as NFL. The NFL has 32 teams, and is divided in to two conferences of 16 teams each; The National Football Conference and the American Football Conference, abbreviated as NFC and AFC, respectively.

Each Conference has 4 divisions. A North, South, West, and East division. Each division has 4 teams, and teams that are in the same division play each other more often than any other teams in the League, so naturally, rivalries form within the divisions. The Minnesota Vikings, a team I am a great fan of, is a team in the NFC North. They are the team I am going to be watching with the tickets I got for my Christmas present. However, BaseballYoshi24 replies by saying "Boo Vikings"; this implies that he does not like the Vikings. The fanbase that hates the Vikings the most are fans of the Green Bay Packers, another team in the NFC North, a division rival of the Minnesota Vikings. The Packers derive their name from the meat-packing industry of Wisconsin. However, Vikings fans, who typically hate the Packers, dub them with a "Lame Name" in order to insult them each time when referring to them. In this case, a play on words from their team name, "Packers", and "fudgepacker", which I'm sure you know what that means.
So it was a gay joke?

Not really. It's like how I call the Anaheim Ducks the Anaheim Fucks, the Calgary Flames the Calgary Lames, and the Detroit Red Wings the Detroit Ref Wings or Detroit Dead Things.

Herr Shyguy said:
President Iwata said:
Herr Shyguy said:

So it was a gay joke?

Well, yes.

Meat Packers, not Cheese Packers. Wow, you don't even know anything about your own team. Typical.

The Cheeseheads are something that some fan started way later.

I'm not a fan of them, I just prefer them over the Vikings. And I do know things about my favorite team, the Carolina Panthers. (I didn't look any of this up.)

Founded: 1995
First QB: Kerry Collins
First Head Coach: Dom Capers
Stadium History: Frank Howard Field at Clemson Memorial Stadium (1995-1996), Bank of America Stadium (1996-Present)
Rivals: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons, New Oreleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars
Super Bowl Winners?: No, came close but lost to the Patriots in '04 when Adam Vineteiri (Now with Colts) kicked a game winning field goal

Now you go do some research on the Minnesota Vikings.

I'm not a fan of them, I just prefer them over the Vikings. And I do know things about my favorite team, the Carolina Panthers. (I didn't look any of this up.)

First Opponent in a Game: Jacksonville Jaguars
Stadium History: Frank Howard Field at Clemson Memorial Stadium (1995-1996), Bank of America Stadium (1996-Present)
Rivals: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons, New Oreleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars
Super Bowl Winners?: No, came close but lost to the Patriots in '04 when Adam Vineteiri (Now with Colts) kicked a game winning field goal

WigglerWhoopinWarrior said:

First Opponent in a Game: Jacksonville Jaguars

Oh, you're telling me? Mark my words, I did not use google or any outside resource to search any of this (I am missing some players deep in the depth chart on the roster):

Founded 1961
Current Head Coach: Brad Childress
Defensive Coordinator: Leslie Frazier
Offensive Coordinator: Darrell Bevell
Quarterbacks: Brett Favre, Tarvaris Jackson, Joe Webb
Runningbacks: Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart, Albert Young
Wide Receivers: Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian, Greg Lewis, Greg Camarillo, Hank Baskett
Offensive Linemen: John Cooper, Ryan Cook, Anthony Herrera, Phil Loadholt, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson
Defensive Linemen: Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Fred Evans, Brian Robison
Cornerbacks: Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Asher Allen, Chris Cook, Lito Sheppard
Safeties: Hussain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson
Linebackers: Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson, Ben Leber, Jasper Brinkley
Punter: Chris Kluwe
Kicker: Ryan Longwell
Special Teams: Heath Farwell

1 NFL title, 3 NFC titles and 4 Super Bowl appearances. Originally played in Metropolitan Stadium before moving to Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome. Field was later renamed Mall of America Field in 2009.

Their best recent season was in 1998 in Randy Moss' rookie season when he caught an NFL rookie record 17 touchdown passes on route to a 15-1 season. You know what, I could go on and on, but quit pretending like you're legit.

And this will be the last off-topic post in this thread.

Edit: Darnit MST3K... you said it before I did.

Back