shyguy can you archive this now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DEMO - Super Luigi and the Seven Gems

So, yesterday's incident has made me think about Userpedia's coverage policy and the rule in question, so I drafted a new set of rules and proposed to change the coverage policy to include Mario-themed fiction. It turned out to be successful.

...which means I was able to restore this game's article on Userpedia. You can find it here now: http://userpedia.adriels.com/Super_Luigi_and_the_Seven_Gems

Re: DEMO - Super Luigi and the Seven Gems

I got around to play it for once, and must say it is pretty decent.

A few suggestions for improvement:

• You could give Luigi a death animation instead of just fading to a Game Over screen.
  • There seems to be a bug when you get a Game Over and restart the game. The energy bar turns black (at least in my version).
  • Could you limit the hammer throwing distance to one screen? on wider maps I threw a hammer and hit something on the far right I couldn't even see.

Re: Super Luigi and the Seven Gems

First thing I noticed: The reduced health makes the Toad Town infestation rather unforgiving. I'd suggest some health pickups scattered around, since it's the encounter that sort of weans players into the combat system.

Herr Shyguy said:
First thing I noticed: The reduced health makes the Toad Town infestation rather unforgiving. I'd suggest some health pickups scattered around, since it's the encounter that sort of weans players into the combat system.
Yeah, the HP counter is way too short, which causes that part to be rather ANNOYING and DIFFICULT. I got 2 Game Overs before beating all of them.
I suggest some more Mushrooms.

Herr Shyguy said:
I'd suggest some health pickups scattered around, since it's the encounter that sort of weans players into the combat system.

Either that, or you could make Luigi jump a little higher/slower. Most of the time I get hit because I drop too fast and run right into the Goomba after a jump.

Okay, more stuff to talk about. The Iggy fight is bullshitty and largely luck-based. I didn't really care for the naming in Monstro Town, only toads get that pun treatment. Also, the chest stolen straight from TTYD was not funny, and the balloon power, at this point, seems largely useless. It seems it's primary function at this point could be replaced with a bridge, and the key could open the fortress.

Sorry to be so judgmental, I just see a bit of potential in this game. I'd like to see more creative boss fights, more of the kind of dialog from the first town, and better abilities.

Silly Mason said:
Herr Shyguy]The Iggy fight is bullshitty and largely luck-based.[/quote] Uh said:
Herr Shyguy]I didn't really care for the naming in Monstro Town said:
[quote author=Herr Shyguy]Also, the chest stolen straight from TTYD was not funny, and the balloon power, at this point, seems largely useless. It seems it's primary function at this point could be replaced with a bridge, and the key could open the fortress.
Uh yeah, okay, but every single other thing in the game is "stolen" from another game. :/
I suppose, but just taking an entire cutscene just seems kind of... lame? I can't think of the right word to describe it, but it was just kind of awkward to watch. Don't take that the wrong way, I know it took work to program that cutscene, it just didn't have the effect that I think you intended it to have.

Herr Shyguy said:
Toad's have always been <something> T., and as far as I can remember only toads have gotten those kinds of names.

Is this just about letter puns (I haven't played the demo yet)?

If so, there has been one exception to the rule: Kent C. Koopa from Paper Mario

If not, then just ignore me :)

Edofenrir said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Toad's have always been <something> T., and as far as I can remember only toads have gotten those kinds of names.

Is this just about letter puns (I haven't played the demo yet)?

If so, there has been one exception to the rule: Kent C. Koopa from Paper Mario

If not, then just ignore me :)
Well, all the bob-omb characters have names ending in B, and all the koopas have names ending in K.

Oh. Hm, that might be a bit overkill, true. oo

Yeah, and out of curiosity, how do you make games like this?

Thanks Mason and your game is fun although I can't get past the goombas.

I just did, and I think you just got to get them on a file and save the, as a sprite. Its kind of complicated for being a simpleversion.

Umm... Mason the screen is tiny, is that a problem?

Played the game, but the Iggy fight is annoying

Perry Mason said:
I've been working on a new version where I'm reprogramming it from scratch. The next version will include the following features:
  • Luigi will strike with a hammer instead of throwing multiple hammers.
    YcQFm.gif
  • Improved gameplay control.
  • Improved collision detection.
  • Hearts around Toad Town during the Goomba invasion.
  • Iggy fight won't be random bouncing - he will breath fire and there will be a technique to defeating him.
  • Monstro Town letter puns will be removed.
  • Improved speech bubbles and HUD
  • Balloon ability will be interactive.
  • King Goomba boss fight.
  • Improved save system.
  • Fade transitions will be optional or changed.
-

Expect a demo in 7-30 days.
That sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back