The official Sprites thread

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
Can anyone one of you guys show me a link to a free downloadable Sprite making software?

EDIT: Basically a discussion on anything about sprites

Re: ATTN: Anyone

Oh, yeah another question, how many bits are the sprites?

I keep thinking their 16

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
The GIMP is a free alternative to Photoshop.
Not as good, but still for free.

The GIMP is a miracle software if you know how to use it.

So do I click the first or the second link on the GIMP website?

>>Rolo Lamperouge
GIMP for Linux:
Ubuntu, Debian and Linux Mint: sudo apt-get install gimp
openSUSE: sudo yast -i gimp
Fedora, Red Hat and CentO: sudo yum install gimp
Mandriva: sudo urpmi gimp

GIMP for Mac OS X:
Download GIMP 2.6 – Choose a package from the Downloads page.

GIMP for Windows:
Download GIMP 2.6.11 – Installer for Windows XP SP2 or later.

Thanks guys, now I'm going to change this thread for just a discussion for sprites in general..... wait can I change the thread's name?

EDIT: Before any that, one more question. I'm not good on looking for images so can someone find a very good fan made sprite sheet of Geno from SMRPG?

>>Rolo Lamperouge
Just click "Modify" on the first post, to launch the full editor.
There you can change the thread's name.

Thanks guys, now the topic (or thread..... whatever) has change to generally sprites

I am getting sprites in requests on Userpedia. I need them recolored so if anyone wants to do them I have been waiting for a long time just for one small sheet

Are any of you guys willing to make a large sprite sheet for me or can you tell me someone I can contact here or the MarioWiki or Userpedia who is willing to do that?

I just gave up, I suck when it comes to editing and making sprites, I have no clue what to do.

Actually I need more then recoloring. I need someone who can make a sprite out of nothing because Geno doesn't have a sprite of him looking forward, backward, left, or right.

Yes. You just go to Userpedia, go down on the side, where it says like "Games" and "Comics", but you go down furthur and click on the link that says "Requests" Than when you are in there you push on "Sprite Requests". Mine should be in the Recolor section

Back