Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Republican

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Independent

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
The Democratic Party has become a little too centrist for me.

Take a look at what they did to healthcare and tax cuts for billionaires. They really shifted toward the right over the past year.

I believe in the following core liberal values:
- Health care for all (even poor people)
- Tax the rich a little bit more than you tax Joe Schmoe
- Separation of church and state
- Food inspection
- Civil liberties

I'm pretty sure those values are shared by a majority of the United States, if not the world. It's just when conservative media machines like Fox News distort those values to be GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHweriupoeththiupwdwf29E4UP8Y79 EDQWU that people start questioning those values.

Also, I think its hypocritical of some rich libertarians to say "NO GOVT BLAHreuthuert". Little do they know that government is protecting their homes, inventions and money. If there was no government, chances are there would be some sort of populist movement to steal from the rich so there would be no rich people.

I have no view on the political standing of America since I live in the UK.

In the UK, I'm conservative.

God said:
The Democratic Party has become a little too centrist for me.

Take a look at what they did to healthcare and tax cuts for billionaires. They really shifted toward the right over the past year.

I believe in the following core liberal values:
- Health care for all (even poor people)
- Tax the rich a little bit more than you tax Joe Schmoe
- Separation of church and state
- Food inspection
- Civil liberties

I'm pretty sure those values are shared by a majority of the United States, if not the world. It's just when conservative media machines like Fox News distort those values to be GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHweriupoeththiupwdwf29E4UP8Y79 EDQWU that people start questioning those values.

Also, I think its hypocritical of some rich libertarians to say "NO GOVT BLAHreuthuert". Little do they know that government is protecting their homes, inventions and money. If there was no government, chances are there would be some sort of populist movement to steal from the rich so there would be no rich people.
That said, I do believe in balancing budgets.

Broggy said:
I said other. I just vote for whoever is better and don't really care about the elephants and donkeys

You can't vote.

And to those who are opposed to political parties; government would never organize itself and/or one political party will simply maintain control of the nation for eternity and there will be nothing to check or balance it.

Word 1984.

no, it would work out great.

i would become official world dictator and everyone would love it.

Oh, well if you're the dictator that's a different story then. :)

Personally, I feel that political parties were created for a good cause but has caused a lot of problems. I mean, with all the partisanship (I think I'm using the term correctly) within the parties, you had people in the 2008 election that went from supporting Clinton and hating Obama to supportin Obama over McCain. It's not that political parties are the problem, it's that the whole idea of simply Democrats vs. Republicans has gone too far and has led to a lot of infighting during primaries but then "hurr durr I have to vote for him since it's my party" during general elections.

no, ralph, you dont get it. there are no more political parties. i am world dictator forever.

…incidentally, why is this topic in "General Entertainment"? is this supposed to be some sort of subtle commentary.

2257 said:
no, ralph, you dont get it. there are no more political parties. i am world dictator forever.

…incidentally, why is this topic in "General Entertainment"? is this supposed to be some sort of subtle commentary.
It's entertainment for the political parties. They find us funny, plus they project our arguments and posts on a screen instead of having a debate.

Back