Chilean Miners Rescue

Waffleraven497

Black Hole Bomber
Banned User
Discuss.

In just thirty minutes, the first of 33 trapped Chilean miners will begin his 15- minute ascent to land aboard the capsule called the "Phoinex". These miner have been trapped for 68 days with nothing but cigarettes 2,000 feet underground a mine in northern Chile. For months pulleys have been use to send them food and water. The sickest one will go up first, and the healthiest last. Almost 400 families are awaiting the nightly rescue. The first miner will ascen at approxamiently 10:45 pm. ET on his 15- minute journey back to land. It's all on CNN. I might miss it, but, I'm very happy for them.

The third one has been rescued!

26 of the 33 have been rescued. I'm so glad they're out, I ,mean I would've died down there. So far, none have been reported to have gone mad, which I'm pretty all of us would've.

29!

Actually, they were honestly doing really well down there. They could've probably lasted a bit longer.

One's wife is pregnant, and one had his daughter born while he was down there.

Secret Facepalm said:
I don't like the idea of humans mining by themselves. Machines should do all the dirty work.
Actually, I beleive it should be evenly split. That way it's both safe, but hard working.

Machines would do it, but the people need jobs.

You guys know that most of the miners live in really crappy areas?

Back