How long will the "DS" line last?

>>Noodle
Ironically, Pokémon Black and White are DSi Enhached games, not DSi games.
This means, they can be used on the DS/DSL, being region free, but they're region locked on the DSi and DSi XL/LL.
I mean, I can use Black on my DS and DS Lite, but a colleague of mine can't on his DSi and DSi XL (works with Supercard DSTWO, not with the real cartridge).

>>Super WaluigiWare
Emerald was purely a GBA game, not NDS enhached.

well i think after 3ds release they will still support ds for a year then start making only 3ds games

Smugleaf said:
The 3DS isn't part of the DS line, it's the DS's successor.

Don't kid yourself, that's like saying the Game Boy Advance isn't part of the Game Boy line.

>>President Iwata
Wrong, the 3DS is part of the handheld line, not of the DS line.
Until the R4 was getting popular, the majority of people called the DS line a "Gameboy".
I think this will also happen to the 3DS, until some kind of piracy will get popular.

well like the gba for a year or so they continued making gba games as well as ds games then they slowly stopped.now preowned or ebay is your only chance of getting gba games

i have deja vu

>>Feel_Good_Inc.
Nintendo stopped a year later with GBA games, but the 3rd Party developers stopped 1 or 2 years after Nintendo stopped.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>President Iwata
Wrong, the 3DS is part of the handheld line, not of the DS line.
Until the R4 was getting popular, the majority of people called the DS line a "Gameboy".
I think this will also happen to the 3DS, until some kind of piracy will get popular.

You're wrong.

>>President Iwata
I'm not wrong.
The first line is purely a fact, the second line is what I've seen with my own eyes, and the third line is a theory.

In all technicalities, it is and it isn't. It looks almost exactly like a DS, just has different software. But that software is true 3D pop-out rendering software, something no other DS even came close to, making it what it is and isn't.

>>Not A
Now you're talking bullshit.
Software can't render 3D effects without the right hardware.
If a 3DS looks like a DS, doesn't mean it's a DS. ヽ(´―`)ノ

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>President Iwata
I'm not wrong.
The first line is purely a fact, the second line is what I've seen with my own eyes, and the third line is a theory.

You are suffering a case of "didn't read thread."

It is not curable but can be treated by reading the thread.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Not A
Now you're talking *bleep*.
Software can't render 3D effects without the right hardware.
If a 3DS looks like a DS, doesn't mean it's a DS. ヽ(´―`)ノ
That may be right. But inspecting farther shows that it is a part of the line. It has DS in its name like others said, and has 2 screens, which is what DS stands for: Dual Screen.

well there could be a console definatley nothing to do with ds, but if it has dual screens does that make it part of the ds line?

>>Not A
The 3DS stands for "3D Screens", so not part of the DS Line.
It's a new generation.

GUYS, 3DS doesn't stand for anything. 3D DS shortened is 3DS (Almost sort of like a pun.). Its a DS with revolutionary features, but not revolutionary enough to make a new handheld generation.

WigglerWhoopinWarrior135 said:
GUYS, 3DS doesn't stand for anything. 3D DS shortened is 3DS (Almost sort of like a pun.). Its a DS with revolutionary features, but not revolutionary enough to make a new handheld generation.

3DS is very much a pun, standing for both 3D screens and Double screens. Would in the world would say 3DDS or 3D DS? My point is the fact that the DSi, even though very much of the DS, could also be stated as a processor of the DS. Why? Well would it be advanced (like the GBA)? So I am thinking that 3D effects is a major hit on systems, but I don't think it will be proceding the DS. Of course many games will probably have 3D-only effects, but I bet it will take any DS game, also supporting the fact it is still of the DS line.

Though the device is not even out yet, so we don't know until it actually comes.

Back