How long will the "DS" line last?

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Considering the 3DS as still part of the "DS" line just as the GBA was part of the Game Boy line, how long will it be until Nintendo comes up with something totally different for handhelds?

Discuss.

I can't imagine it'll last much longer than another alternative model or two of the 3DS. But looking back at the Gameboy, it looks like there isn't a whole lot that convinces Nintendo to change the name of their handheld console serieses.

I have a feeling they should make a model that can take videos with the cameras.

(3D videos? Oooooh)

That would be pretty sweet. I'd buy one and than troll all the people who would inevitably scream that it's "too soon" after the release of the first 3DS with it.

Until seemingly retarded gimmicks stop working.

Well the possibilities are seemingly endless. chronos trigger had you playing 2 games at once! who know's what that might follow?

Well, the 3DS is basically a Nintendo DS made even better, with the ability to play the older DS games, so not so sure...

President Iwata said:
I have a feeling they should make a model that can take videos with the cameras.

(3D videos? Oooooh)

I think it can take 3D videos. It definitely can take videos and 3D images.

I think the entire world skipped Nintendo's announcement about the DS line.
They said, they'll keep supporting the DS, even though the 3DS will launch anytime soon.
So that means, the DS didn't reached it's end of life yet.
So it's possible for Generation V of Pokémon to be fully released on the DS, while Generation VI will release on the 3DS.
But games like (Hardcore) Mario would be moved to the 3DS (while the Casual Mario games could continue to be released on the DS).

I don't know, Mario's last game on a console/handheld seems to come before or shortly after the next one is released.

3DS will probably last another 4-5 years. So awhile.

After the 3DS Nintendo will probably start a new line. :( I'm actually sorta tired of the DS, I'm ready for a change after the 3DS. ;D

WigglerWhoopinWarrior135 said:
After the 3DS Nintendo will probably start a new line. :( I'm actually sorta tired of the DS, I'm ready for a change after the 3DS. ;D

nearly a one-month bump...

i think pokemon black/white will be one of the last ds games

then grey,ruby heart/saphire mind and generation VI will be on 3ds

No, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be on the DS if they do get made. They never go cross-console in a single generation.

no
the remake is to consoles after the original
gen 1-GB remakes-GBA
gen 2-GBC remakes-DS
so gen 3-GBA remakes DSI

Back