MarioWiki Changes

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I figured I would make this topic...

Recently, Steve upgraded MediaWiki to Version 1.15.4, which brought various changes, here they are:

* $wgAddGroups and $wgRemoveGroups are added to allow finer control over usergroup assignment
* AJAX-based page watching has been cleaned up and enabled by default
* Internationalization and localization has made a huge step forward; a lot more translations, new translations are now also committed to 1.12, Special:Version is localizable, support for Hebrew, Thai and Iranian calendar.
* Parser preprocessor rewritten
* Userrights interface improved and generalized
* New special pages: FileDuplicateSearch, ListGroupRights
* Special:UserRights and Special:SpecialPages have been redesigned
* Hidden category feature: __HIDDENCAT__ on a category page will hide the category on the article page.
* Friendlier behaviour for users who click a red link but can't edit
* Double redirects created by a page move can be fixed automatically
* Supports a plaintext copyright notice (other than Creative Commons or GFDL)
* Images can link to an arbitrary title or URL
* Search engine indexing can be controlled on a per-page basis
* Better CSS support for handheld devices
* Page history pages now have a date selector
* File upload history pages now display thumbnails for every file version
* Supports filename moving
* Added keywords {{GENDER:||}}, {{NUMBEROFACTIVEUSERS}} and {{REVISIONUSER}}

If you find any problem, or have any question, please ask here, or in Steve's talk

I keep noticing that when I try to edit broken redirects, they are often userpace pages that a Sysop/Crat needs to move.

Congratulations to new patrollers Gamefreak75 and Lindsay151 as well as new sysop Super Mario Bros.

Oaktown Mojo said:
Congratulations to new patrollers Gamefreak75 and Lindsay151 as well as new sysop Super Mario Bros.
Thanks!

And yes, congratulations to both Lindsay and Gamefreak. I know you both will do great jobs as Patrollers. ;)

_HIDDENCAT_

3272385575_b17e5753d4_o.jpg

Anyway, since when does the wiki not have Advertisements anymore? Does this mean we can reinstate the wiki-wide headline bar?

I have one request for a change. Wikipedia for example has updated it's design by moving the search bar from the left to the upper right hand corner. You should do it too.

Personally I find the current search bar on the Mario Wiki to be much better than the one on Wikipedia.

Not sure if this is the right topic...

Congratulations to Fawfulfury65 and Gamefreak75 for their promotions to sysop! Also, congrats to Marioguy1 for becoming a Patroller!

They had it coming.

It's too bad Gamefreak won't be back until tommorow.

wow, so much happened in the weekend I was away o_O

Congratulations to the 3 of you!! You greatly deserved it

The wiki was updated again, this time to 1.16. If you find any bugs, please let us know. Some of the most notable changes:

*In watchlists and Special:RecentChanges, the difference in page size now appears in dark green if bytes were added and dark red if bytes were removed.
*RecentChanges now has a legend to explain what the Nmb! flags mean, and the flags have tooltips.
*Show change block / unblock link on Special:Contributions if user is blocked (admin only)
*Note on non-existing user and user talk pages if user does not exist
*Upload errors that can be solved by changing the filename now do not require reuploading.
*It's now possible to block users from sending email via Special:Emailuser. (admin only)
*The new skin Vector was added
*RSS/Atom feeds are now included in the watchlist

Back