The Creepy Thread

Aiko Heiwa

Power Star
Banned User
Basically, post stories, images, or videos that creep you out. Just keep it appropriate, if it might scare some users, put it in spoiler tags and tell us what it is.

The Other Watcher

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. She explained that it was a storeroom, and that it was out of bounds. She reminded him of this several times before allowing him upstairs. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. However the insistence of the woman had piqued his curiosity, so the next night he walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye.

What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was incredibly pale. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while, was this a celebrity? The owners daughter? He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. As he was still looking, the woman turned sharply and he jumped back from the door, hoping she would not suspect he had been spying on her. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. He felt embarrassed that he had made the woman so uncomfortable, and hoped she had not made a complaint with the woman on the front desk.

At this point he decided to consult her for more information. After some gentle quizzing and the promise that the explanation would go no further than him she finally said "Well, I might as well tell you the story of what happened in that room. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in there, we find that even now, people get uncomfortable staying there. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red."

One of the best one's I've ever read.

A woman was sent to prison for murder. In prison, she became friends with the caretaker. She told him, "Leave cell 3C unlocked tonight. Then, I'll climb into one of the coffins. After the funeral for the other person in the coffin, come and get me out of the coffin.". That night, the cell was left unlocked. The woman climbed into a coffin and was buried. The caretaker had four hours to rescue her before she would run out of oxygen. An hour passed, then two more. The fourh hour was nearly over, and the woman was very nervous. Using the last bit of oxygen in the coffin, she turned on a lighter and looked at the other corpse. It was the caretaker!

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

With proper spelling, punctuation, etc., it's fairly effective. It now just looks silly.

The Slender Man Myth
----------------------------

He is described as wearing a black suit and black hat and as the name suggests, appears very thin and able to stretch his limbs and torso to inhuman lengths in order to induce fear and ensnare his prey. Once his arms are outstretched, his victims are put into something of a hypnotized state, where they are utterly helpless to stop themselves from walking into them.

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time…"

-1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

Whether he absorbs, kills, or mearly takes his victims to an undiclosed location or dimension is also unknown as there are never any bodys or evidence left behind in his wake to deduce a definite conclusion. Not much is known at this time, but his objective and habitat are fairly clearly agreed-upon. He has the need to kidnap children, and is seen right before the disappearance of a child or multiple children. He seems to prefer fog enshrouded streets and wooded areas as a way to conceal himself from being noticed. It should also be noted that children have been able to see him when no other adults in the vicinity could, though adults have also been known to see him at times. Children also have dreams or nightmares concerning The Slender Man before their disappearance. A disputed concept regarding the Slender Man is whether or not he can be seen by those other than his victims—many believe that if you see Slender Man then you are a target or prey, though there is no certain proof of this.

The Slender Man appears to have no facial features, lacking eyes, ears, a nose, or a mouth. It is unknown whether the Slender Man needs to breathe; he/it has not been shown to do so, but there is no concrete evidence that he/it does not. He/it does not speak or otherwise vocalize, & therefore any communication needs to be accomplished via other means, such as a proxy (see below). He/it does seem to be able to sense his environment, as evidenced in Entry #1, when he turned his head to face Alex, as if he/it were suddenly alerted to Alex's presence. This implies that the Slender Man has a means of extra-sensory perception, some para-sense that has a wide field of detection, but needs to focus by turning his head to face a point of interest. Whether this is a form of psychic/psionic detection, an electromagnetic perception that does not require external sensory organs, or some other means of sensing is unknown.

The Slender Man's appearance is that of a very tall figure in a black suit & tie. It is assumed that this is not his natural appearance, or even his natural form, but an approximation of human form taken as an affectation. This implies that the Slender Man looks the way that he/it does because he/it wants to do so. This could mean that he/it is doing this in an attempt to fit into his environment, & that he/it may drop this façade when not in the presence of human beings. The effectiveness of this disguise is apparently minimal, due to the Slender Man's unusual height & lack of facial features, which belie his dapper dress & expose his unnatural origins.

The Slender Man's gender & sexuality, if any, is unknown. He/it is refered to as a male, but given "his" unusual characteristics, this is largely a convenient convention of nomenclature. The Slender Man could just as easily be female, or (perhaps more likely) of an indeterminate gender. Since only one Slender Man is known of with any degree of certainty, there is no way of knowing his reproductive practices, if any.

The Slender Man moves very slowly & stiffly when directly observed by eye or camera. However, he/it seems to be able to cover distances very rapidly when not under direct observation. This leads one to believe that he/it is capable of some form of teleportation. Another interpretation is that the Slender Man operates on something akin to a quantum level of reality, where his position in time & space cannot be determined without direct observation (see below).

The Slender Man does not seem to able to communicate directly with people. He/it therefore would need to use a proxy, something or someone to speak for him. This role is perhaps the purpose of the Masked Man, AKA Totheark. It is possible that Totheark serves as the "voice" of the Slender Man, a way of conveying his intentions & goals to others. As his thought processes are likely as strange & unnatural as he/it is, it is not surprising that Totheark's messages are bizarre & difficult to decipher. It is only slowly becoming clear that Totheark (&, by extention, the Slender Man) wants J to get them something, & that that is why he/it/they are interfering with J's life.

The Slender Man is obviously not a human being, or even a natural creature of earthly origin. He/It does not seem to obey the normal laws of physics as we understand them, & seems to operate at least partially in another reality. I suspect that the Slender Man is a being from another dimension, one in which the laws of physics behave quite differently. To speculate further, I'd guess that the reality that the Slender Man calls home is one that behaves on a macroscopic level similarly to how quantum particles do in our reality. The reasoning behind this is that the Slender Man is able to distort time & space with his presence, & may even be able to control these distortions (these distortions seems to affect electromagnetic recording equipment, & perhaps other electrical devices, as well). These quantum-like distortions would explain the temporal simultaneity & spacial superposition that the Slender Man seems to exhibit. He/it is able to move through space (& perhaps even time) very quickly when not being observed, in a manner reminiscent of a quantum-level particle ("the act of observing disturbs the observed"). It is possible that direct observation of the Slender Man constrains him/it to our reality, giving Alex (& later J) a means of delaying the Slender Man's influence. How Alex determined that capturing him/it on camera would have this limiting effect remains unknown.

Giygas is probably the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a video game.

I watched my brother beat the game a few years back.

King Porky said:
But you haven't even beaten Starman DX.
It only took me one turn to beat him! All you need to do is have Paula cast PSI Counter Omega and watch it kill himself.

Fassad said:
King Porky said:
But you haven't even beaten Starman DX.
It only took me one turn to beat him! All you need to do is have Paula cast PSI Counter Omega and watch it kill himself.
I prefer to assail it with bottle rockets.

Rachel said:
Giygas is probably the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a video game.
I say Tails Doll. You get used to Giygas and Weegee isn't scary at all. But Tails Doll gave me nightmares 0_o...then I just laughed it off.

Back