IP Address Account Protection?

Although I'm not quite sure (and let a mod please correct me if I'm wrong), but I think it makes your account exempt from any IP bans.

IP account protection is used to allow only certain IPs (they should only be your IPs, obviously) to be able to log into an account, which greatly decreases the risk of hacking.

Stooben said:
IP account protection is used to allow only certain IPs (they should only be your IPs, obviously) to be able to log into an account, which greatly decreases the risk of hacking.
But what if somebody is travelling and they use a hotel's WiFi and they have IP Address Account Protection, then they wouldn't be able to log in.

If you're going to be traveling, you should disable it first.

Dude, stop making redundant posts. It contributes to nothing but your post count.

In fact, you can consider that a warning.

I'm leaving this topic open in case the OP has any other questions.

Stooben said:
Dude, stop making redundant posts. It contributes to nothing but your post count.
It seems like whenever I tell him that Uniju tells me to stop trolling him.

Also, you can put list multiple IPs for access, correct?

Marcelagus said:
Also, you can put list multiple IPs for access, correct?
Yes. It'll only recognize multiple IPs if you separate them each with commas, though.

Obviously not since that would defeat the whole purpose.

SMB said:
Although I'm not quite sure (and let a mod please correct me if I'm wrong), but I think it makes your account exempt from any IP bans.
that's actually what I thought it did, too.

Stooben said:
Yes, but only mods can see it.
but if you asked a mod for the ip's you've (as in yourself) used, would they tell you?

Back