Censorship Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
So my understanding is that swearing is now allowed in these forums. (Or so it has been for a while)

It seems as though my custom title has been mod-edited.

Can someone clarify on the censorship rules?

I don't know about this specifically(since the rules thread says nothing of it), but it makes sense that things that the autocensor can't reach like custom titles(as opposed to posts) should always be treated as if the autocensored words are against the rules.

That is what I had basically assumed as well. I just thought it was strange because either the mod didn't catch the same occurrence of the word in my personal text, or it gets censored there.

Presumably the former.

Yeah, it was probably overlooked. I censored it.

Actually, I was the one who edited Garlic's custom title. The auto-censors don't catch words in custom titles, as Uniju said. I was in a rush at the time (my mom was going to make me try on clothes), so I didn't get to tell Garlic what I did. The auto-censors catch personal text though, so that didn't need to be edited.

I thought it was you.

I've removed the censor you put on my personal text, Stoob.

I think it was re-added because people can't turn a censor on and off for something like that. That can only be done for in-message stuff, I believe.

Did you listen to a word we said? The auto-censors don't reach custom titles. Even with the censor on, you can still see uncensored words in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back