The official name change announcement thread

turntechGodhead said:
When I rejoined the fad, I took the name I had when I left it. I wasn't going to choose a new name, and when Lily almost took it, I was going to wait until it was available again before rejoining. It is annoying when people take three different Homestuck names over the course of four months or something like that.

You, Master Crash, Gamefreak, Ralph, and Edo are the only ones I can tell out of the entire group. I thank you for doing that.

Listen. I'm not trying to abolish this fad or insult anyone involved therein. I'm just asking for you guys to keep it under control. And I apologize again for being such a dick earlier.

Napalm Man said:
The fact that some of y'all ping-pong back and forth between names is what irritates me more than anything. What, 3 people now have been "twinArmageddons"? Then twinArmageedons 1 becomes cuttlefishCuller or something. That befuddles my dumb cracker mind. Stop it. Like I said earlier, I know you guys have other interests. Express them.
This bugs me as well, and this is coming from somebody who actually likes Homestuck. <_<

Also why does my request keep getting ignored when I'm actually making my name ~less~ Homestuck related (no this isn't to make a statement that would be dumb I just want a shorter name)

They can say in their profile or click their profile and it will say in on the top.

>>Nabber
I used to change names, until I've realized that it doesn't have any other point than April Fools, and I don't understand the point about it neither since.

Napalm Man said:
JESUS. TAPDANCING. CHRIST. This is getting out of hand.

I know you guys have other interests. Fuck, be a Pokemon or something.
Or express your interests through your avatar and signature, and keep your name something that I'll actually recognize you by.

Napalm Man said:
Any and all Homestuck name change requests will be ignored by me.
Hey, that's what I do except for all name change requests except those specifically PMed to only me.

Napalm Man said:
turntechGodhead said:
When I rejoined the fad, I took the name I had when I left it. I wasn't going to choose a new name, and when Lily almost took it, I was going to wait until it was available again before rejoining. It is annoying when people take three different Homestuck names over the course of four months or something like that.

You, Master Crash, Gamefreak, Ralph, and Edo are the only ones I can tell out of the entire group. I thank you for doing that.

Listen. I'm not trying to abolish this fad or insult anyone involved therein. I'm just asking for you guys to keep it under control. And I apologize again for being such a *bleep* earlier.
I plan to stay as Sollux for a while, I don't really like any of the other characters as much. Wouldn't switch to one of them.

And I know my brother is an offender, switching to Sollux and Terezi and now Eridan.

So here's what I've noticed.

Originally, the people who used Homestuck names were seriously dedicated to the series. They follow the story, check for updates and visit the Skaianet Imageboard. Now we have people that are using sig pics from Page 2 of the story. Literally. Not to single anyone out, but Master Koopakid (Jerry) actually used the second pic in the story as his sig pic. To be a part of this fad, you should seriously want to join it.

I don't mind the name changes between trolls when it's dedicated fans who are changing their name because between the time they took one name and then switched to another, the characters whose names they took did something important. If someone was to go from caligulasAquarium to gallowsCalibrator, for example, if they're a dedicated fan, it meant that Eridan did something stupid or Terezi did something amazing.

I agree and disagree with Mason on what he said about the fonts. For the most part, they're only used in one chatroom (which will remain nameless because it's a bit of a secret). This chatroom is mostly inhabited by dedicated fans and people who can put up with the fonts. I don't think that posting with the fonts should be done if it becomes unreadable, such as this:

cuttlefishCuller said:
I'm listening to volume 5 rig)(t now. T)(ere are 65 songs on it 38O
I really like t)(e Ballad of Awakening. IT'S MY FAVORIT--------E 38D I t)(ink it was on volume 4.

Not to glorify myself, but I think that something that's more brief and readable like the following should be acceptable:

centaursTesticle said:
D --> e%cellent

Of course, things like this should be kept to Mindless Junk.

With that being said, here's a brief, tl;dr summary:

-Don't join unless you're a dedicated fan.
-Don't post while typing in a character's font unless it's something really brief.

Thank you.

^I hope you realize we are no longer friends now.

Just fooling.

I think it's inexcusable to have something even SLIGHTLY unreadable. You go to a message board (and an IRC) to communicate with people. I don't care if people say "oh come on it's not that hard to read." It shouldn't be hard to read PERIOD. Not even a FRACTION.

By the way, H3 is triatomic hydrogen.

Napalm Man said:
turntechGodhead said:
Uh, no offense 3K, but I think you kinda overdid it on that post. >_>
I know I did and I apologize. I'm sorry I came off like such a *bleep*. I could have been a little more mature about it.

The fact that some of y'all ping-pong back and forth between names is what irritates me more than anything. What, 3 people now have been "twinArmageddons"? Then twinArmageedons 1 becomes cuttlefishCuller or something. That befuddles my dumb cracker mind. Stop it. Like I said earlier, I know you guys have other interests. Express them.
Well, I honestly had no idea a bunch of other people had been twinArmageddons. I thought Marioguy1 was the only person and after he switched, I took this name planning not to change it again. I will never switch to another Homestuck character. You can quote me on this.

I don't see why typing with the font was such a big deal, especially since I only used it in the spammiest topic in Mindless Junk.

Back