The official name change announcement thread

turntechGodhead said:
TankDempsey said:
Doctor Doom said:
JESUS. TAPDANCING. CHRIST. This is getting out of hand.

I know you guys have other interests. *bleep*, be a Pokemon or something.

lol

Yes, that's definitely the kind of post you should laugh at.
ikr

Yes, very much so.

Also we should probably stop going off-topic.

No seriously. Fuck this fad. I will not contribute to this forum cancer anymore. I've put up with it because Edo, Smasher, Master Crash, Gamefreak, and 2257 are in on it. No more. Any and all Homestuck name change requests will be ignored by me.

Thanks, mediocre webcomic, for making my position as admin more annoying than it needs to be.

Oh, and yes, I've read it past Act 1 where it supposedly picks up. It never did.

Doctor Doom said:
No seriously. *bleep* this fad. I will not contribute to this forum cancer anymore. I've put up with it because Edo, Smasher, Master Crash, Gamefreak, and 2257 are in on it. No more. Any and all Homestuck name change requests will be ignored by me.

Thanks, mediocre webcomic, for making my position as admin more annoying than it needs to be.

wow

Finally, somebody agrees with me.
I'm also getting tired of that Homestuck fad, as names are hard to type, and you can't know who's who without looking at their profile first.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Finally, somebody agrees with me.
I'm also getting tired of that Homestuck fad, as names are hard to type, and you can't know who's who without looking at their profile first.

there not gonna like that but i have to agree *holds up flame shield*

The main things I'm tired of are:

-denying the characters all look the same
-denying the names are confusing when people swap them (note how some of the Homestuck names are disambiguation pages for two or more users on Userpedia)
-using it as an excuse to type in all caps or hard-to-read fonts (mostly the IRC)

[quote author=Me at the UP board]If people [were doing robot masters] and kept swapping names I'd be pissed too. "WHAT? SNAKE MAN IS SPLASH WOMAN NOW AND VICE VERSA?"[/quote]

Seriously, if people liked Homestuck, stuck with one name, typed normally (aka kept a line between fantasy and reality) and didn't try to force the comic on everyone, I'd read it. Guess what, the FANBASE made it unappealing.

Also I'm not angry at all the people who like this comic. So... yeah I know a lot of respected people are in on the fad and I know a lot of them don't go over the line as described above.

PS I don't hate the comic, I'm just annoyed by the fad (I know I'm only speaking for myself on this one.)

Mason said:
-using it as an excuse to type in all caps or hard-to-read fonts (mostly the IRC)

cuttlefishCuller said:
I'm listening to volume 5 rig)(t now. T)(ere are 65 songs on it 38O
I really like t)(e Ballad of Awakening. IT'S MY FAVORIT--------E 38D I t)(ink it was on volume 4.

That's annoying to read.

I'm annoyed by the people who haven't actually read most of it that wanna take a name. If you're gonna follow it, read it all the way through. I'm not entirely caught up but at least I got to the introduction of Equius (centaursTesticle).

Most of those fonts are only used in a couple of chatrooms that will remain nameless because they're kinda a secret.

Napalm Man said:
No seriously. Fuck this fad. I will not contribute to this forum cancer anymore. I've put up with it because Edo, Smasher, Master Crash, Gamefreak, and 2257 are in on it. No more. Any and all Homestuck name change requests will be ignored by me.

Oh, and yes, I've read it past Act 1 where it supposedly picks up. It never did.
My request wasn't Homestuck related! <_<

Napalm Man said:

YES. THIS.

Also, don't forget MCD, Lily, and schmutz.

Uh, no offense 3K, but I think you kinda overdid it on that post. >_>

Nega-Man said:
Also, don't forget MCD, Lily, and schmutz.

1. MCD isn't in it anymore.
2. Those are two of the newest requests that pushed him over the edge. He was talking about people who have been in it for a while. (expect me, but i was in it for a long time, I just rejoined)

:( . I post normally! Im keeping it untill October when I will be preparing for 18th of November-ish, but if everyone flames me for it then I might change ASAP.

turntechGodhead said:
Uh, no offense 3K, but I think you kinda overdid it on that post. >_>
I know I did and I apologize. I'm sorry I came off like such a dick. I could have been a little more mature about it.

The fact that some of y'all ping-pong back and forth between names is what irritates me more than anything. What, 3 people now have been "twinArmageddons"? Then twinArmageedons 1 becomes cuttlefishCuller or something. That befuddles my dumb cracker mind. Stop it. Like I said earlier, I know you guys have other interests. Express them.

Napalm Man said:
The fact that some of y'all ping-pong back and forth between names is what irritates me more than anything. What, 3 people now have been "twinArmageddons"? Then twinArmageedons 1 becomes cuttlefishCuller or something.

I do agree that stuff like that got out of hand. When I rejoined the fad, I took the name I had when I left it. I wasn't going to choose a new name, and when Lily almost took it, I was going to wait until it was available again before rejoining. It is annoying when people take three different Homestuck names over the course of four months or something like that.

I never understood why Homestuck fad was so famous. I read through Act 1 in Homestuck, and it really didn't come any better. Honestly, I don't think that drawings and stupidly written texts ">Open: A door" make it so good.

But I don't care about people keeping that fad. It just messes up people, because names, avis and sigs are quite a similar.
If people here use that fad, it doesn't change what I think about them. I'm used to Smahers' avatar tho ^-^

Yes, I can write these long posts too :)

Ok, I'm leaving this off-topic chat to this.

Back