Marvel vs. Capcom... 3?

Well, you're one for three so far.

Sadly from what I've heard, 2/3 of my Gambit/Venom/Mega Man team isn't reappearing. :(

Well, Tron Bonne was really popular, so it's not that big of a surprise.

Also, I think it's pretty stupid that they're not pulling a MvC2 and bringing back everyone from the previous games.

Then again, who knows? Maybe they will. They're Capcom.

Wait, which of those three aren't coming back? I played Gambit/Venom in MvC, so if it's those two... Then again, it would be retarded not to have Mega Man in it, so...

^ You'd be right.

Looks like I'm going to have to find some replacements. I'm leaning tworard Deadpool and Zero.

EDIT:
Characters confirmed by Niitsuma to be absent from the game have so far included Tyrant and Nemesis of the Resident Evil series, citing concerns that their inclusion would change the game's content rating. The primary members of Marvel's Fantastic Four were excluded at the company's suggestion for currently undisclosed reasons (although it could be argued that it's because Super-Skrull has all their powers, thus giving all of the Fantastic Four representation within Super-Skrull.) Seth Killian has stated that Amingo and Ruby Heart from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 were absent, though no official word on SonSon has been given. Niitsuma has also confirmed that a third of the potential roster will consist of characters who did not appear in the Marvel vs. Capcom franchise. It was also stated that Blade, Cyclops, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Emma Frost, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Loki, Mojo, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Demitri (Darkstalkers), Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers), Gene (God Hand), Gill (Street Fighter III), Nero (Devil May Cry 4), Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), Vergil (Devil May Cry 3), and characters from Breath of Fire, Monster Hunter, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Sengoku Basara, and Three Wonders from Capcom will not be playable, but it is possible that they will make stage and ending cameo appearances. It has been confirmed through Tokirisan's twitter that B.B. Hood, Cable, Hayato, Omega Red and Scarlet Witch will not be playable.

No Punisher is lame.

That's... incredibly disappointing, frankly.

Actually...

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

And then they cut a ton of characters.

Bullshit.

I've actually been under a false pretense for a while now. I thought all of these new characters would simply be additions to the cast, instead of replacing them. I mean, seriously, I don't care about X-23 and She-Hulk (literally just female copies of already existing characters) if that means you're cutting Gambit, Venom, and Cyclops. And they kept Felicia over all of those Capcom characters? Seriously? And we need 3 Resident Evil characters? Capcom's side is a bit better about this, though; at least Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, and Arthur look like they're going to be really interesting characters. Dante's not bad, either, though, having never played Devil May Cry, I have no idea who Trish is and why she's apparently important (though they put Shuma-Gorath back in, so it's obvious they don't care about notability). Most of Marvels' new additions seem wholly unnecessary, though.

And now my rant is done. I'm still going to buy the game and all that, but man, that's pretty bad news to hear.

I'm just glad that they're not going with Street Fighter character overkill on the Capcom side.

I'm hoping that they're getting all the "meh" characters out of the way early and saving the really good ones for close to release. Carnage would be a fantastic addition, imo.

Yeah, yeah, we're probably just getting scraps now, and they're saving really big surprises for later, but it's a little disappointing when MvC2 has 56 characters, and this is only going to have a little more than 30. I know it's probably because

A.) The developers don't want to make that many characters and balance them
and
B.) It's a much nicer looking game and won't be able to fit that much data or whatever

but it's still just annoying.

Edit: Oh, and just saying, I know She-Hulk and X-23 play like different characters from Hulk and Wolverine in-game, but they're still pretty much just copies.

Edit 2: Actually, you know what? They're probably going to make the other characters DLC. Just watch.

I get what you're saying about X-23 and She-Hulk. They're more or less what Luigi is to Mario in the Smash games.

I also wonder what's keeping Doctor Strange from being playable. I mean, they have 2 of his villains now, so.....

I just love how one of Zero's palette swaps is identical to that of Bass' color scheme.

Tron Bonne and Zero both have Megaman and Bass colors.

Also, Phoenix and Mike Haggar confirmed.

Wait. Marvel vs. Capcom without Megaman? Isn't he like, Capcom's best known character?

Back