Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
I haven't read any of the books, but I just saw the movie. I enjoyed it, it was an entertaining movie, I liked how they incorporated various parts Greek mythology.

Given the subtitled, I'm guessing they're going to do adaptions for all the books in the series, which is cool, I look forward to seeing them.

Anyone else a fan of the books or the movie?

Book was better.

Book was good. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a 50%. Bad.

I've only read the book. T'was creative in bringing the things from myths into modern times.

Bump because.

The books were pretty good and were a nice way to introduce Greek mythology. But the movie completely messed it up! They kept out the fact that

Luke was working for Kronos

which was a major cliffhanger at the end of the first book and made it interesting. Dunno how they'll make a sequel out of that.

On the other hand, I don't really like Heroes of Olympus, either.

Smashgoom202 said:
I haven't read any of the books, but I just saw the movie. I enjoyed it
The only reason to like the movie is if you haven't read or don't plan to read the books; the movie is completely different and removes a lot of the humor and charm of the books.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
On the other hand, I don't really like Heroes of Olympus, either.
what is that again

ohhhhh the sequel series

Well, it's a toss-up. I personally enjoy the inclusion of the Romans as well as new characters; Percy is still a main character in the second book if that was a problem you had with it. Also, the books are longer than the originals which is a plus.

Two words for the movie: extremely terrible
I actually enjoyed Heroes of Olympus because the viewpoint wasn't all focused on Percy, which is a plus 8)

Never read the books but saw the movie.

Wasn't exactly impressed, it was okay for a time waster I guess.

What I really hated about the movie:
Wait a minute, why are they going to goddamn Kentucky?!?!?!!?

The first Heroes of Olympus was filled with spelling errors, which I didn't like but otherwise, I enjoyed it.

Oh dangit, I didn't see this thread. I made my own and I can't delete it. D'oh!

Koopa Kid said:
The first Heroes of Olympus was filled with spelling errors, which I didn't like but otherwise, I enjoyed it.
I don't remember those. Anyway, I'm excited for the third book because it might possibly have a viewpoint for Annabeth

Majin Buu said:
Koopa Kid said:
I don't remember those. Anyway, I'm excited for the third book because it might possibly have a viewpoint for Annabeth
Yeah, pretty excited for that too.

Back