Dark Void Zero

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Has anyone downloaded/played this game yet? I heard it's really good!

For those of you who don't know, the game is supposed to be a tie-in to Dark Void, a game for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC, etc., and it parallels Bionic Commando in that Dark Void Zero is supposed to be the "original game", that was going to be for the NES, but kept in Capcom's vault all these years.

Also like Bionic Commando, and the Rearmed tie-in, Dark Void Zero is said to be better than the game its supposed to be promoting. Is it true?

It certainly SOUNDS more interesting, given the character names (seriously, when I read the name "Captain Jimmy Fallon", I instantly wanted this game), but still, I'd like to hear more from those who've actually played it.

So is this a new game/game series or something?

Dark Void is a new game, Dark Void Zero is a tie-in to the game. Not sure if that makes it its own series as of yet.

According to the DSi Shop description, Dark Void Zero is actually a vaporwear game that's been revived. It was being planned in the 8-bit era, iirc. It was later scrapped and forgotten. It's actually pretty cool that they revived a game like this. I wish I bought it instead of wasting my points on other stuff. XP

Smashgoom202 said:
It's not actually a revived game, that's just how they're promoting it.
I'm confused.

Asbel said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I'm confused.
Well, since you obviously didn't read my post, or since I didn't explain it well enough, let me do so again.

Remember the Xbox 360/PS3 game, Bionic Commando? It was meant to be a sequel to the classic NES game Bionic Commando. However, since the newer game was basically a "hardcore" revamp, meaning that the main protagonist is a muscular, unshaven white guy with weird hair and the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where everything is brown, not many people, particularly fans of the original Bionic Commando, liked it that much. So Capcom decided to appeal those fans by remaking the original Bionic Commando and released it on PlayStation Home and Xbox Live Arcade as Bionic Commander Rearmed, more or less to tie-in with the newer Bionic Commando. Ironically, Rearmed ended up doing much better than the newer Bionic Commando.

By the same logic, when Capcom decided to publish Dark Void, they decided to make a tie-in game for Dark Void. Like Bionic Commando, the tie-in, Dark Void Zero, was promoted as the "original" game to which Dark Void is the supposed sequel to, even though Dark Void Zero was never actually a game for the NES.

It's all about appealing to those retro gamers who remember the NES days fondly. Get it?

BTW, the game Dark Void Zero also features a part where you have to blow into the microphone as if you were blowing into an NES cartridge.

Ugozima said:
Don't make useless posts.

Smashgoom202 said:
Asbel said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I'm confused.
Well, since you obviously didn't read my post, or since I didn't explain it well enough, let me do so again.

Remember the Xbox 360/PS3 game, Bionic Commando? It was meant to be a sequel to the classic NES game Bionic Commando. However, since the newer game was basically a "hardcore" revamp, meaning that the main protagonist is a muscular, unshaven white guy with weird hair and the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where everything is brown, not many people, particularly fans of the original Bionic Commando, liked it that much. So Capcom decided to appeal those fans by remaking the original Bionic Commando and released it on PlayStation Home and Xbox Live Arcade as Bionic Commander Rearmed, more or less to tie-in with the newer Bionic Commando. Ironically, Rearmed ended up doing much better than the newer Bionic Commando.

By the same logic, when Capcom decided to publish Dark Void, they decided to make a tie-in game for Dark Void. Like Bionic Commando, the tie-in, Dark Void Zero, was promoted as the "original" game to which Dark Void is the supposed sequel to, even though Dark Void Zero was never actually a game for the NES.

It's all about appealing to those retro gamers who remember the NES days fondly. Get it?

BTW, the game Dark Void Zero also features a part where you have to blow into the microphone as if you were blowing into an NES cartridge.
I actually don't know the game "Bionic Commando", which may be why I didn't understand.

...Just watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhzyOzItDnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IQfLItmBE

http://screwattack.com/videos/TGO-Episode-31-Whats-The-Difference

Back