Kid Icarus Sequel

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
I want one. And something better than the original.

Reggie or some official source said to expect one in 2008. They lied to us.

How many people have even played the original game(s)?

The original games were lame. Maybe if they remake them with a better game engine they'd be more playable.

I tried to play Kid Icarus a while ago but than I did and my brother stole the controller.
Worst game ever. :(

I played a little bit of a Kid Icarus game once. I was not impressed.

It's really got the same problems as Metroid 1, since iirc they run on the same game engine. If they redid it like they did Zero Mission it could be a decent game.

I heard a rumor about plans for a Kid Icarus game for Wii, and the gameplay would be a combination of Zelda and Metroid Prime.

I did not like Kid Icarus very much at all. None of the gameplay elements mixed in well with each other and the controls were so unresponsive. But I'd definitely check out a remake or sequel.

I've played the original on my Wii's Virtual Console. I can't get past the third stage.

Also, there's already a Kid Icarus sequel for the Game Boy, called Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, but I know what you mean. Yeah, I'd love to see a new Kid Icarus game, it'd be sweet.

Zoroark said:
I heard a rumor about plans for a Kid Icarus game for Wii, and the gameplay would be a combination of Zelda and Metroid Prime.
If you heard it from Famitsu magazine, then screw them. I no longer believe anything they have to say, since they've been saying, for the past five years almost, that a new Donkey Kong platformer for the Wii was going to show up at E3, and so far, that hasn't happened yet. There was absolutely NO evidence that it even existed in the first place. These are also the same people who made up that bogus story about Paper Mario getting ported to the DS.

Oh yeah, they're just the most popular news source in the country of origin for the subject matter.
Not exactly something you should take into consideration...

Back