Valentine's Day

Getting free chocolate is dumb?

Everyone knows that chocolate is the reason Valentine's Day exists.

Chocolate is my true love, and it's yours too.

Well, sorry I omitted the chocolate from the rant. That's not why this holiday started, but we should make Candy Day!

Sharks Territory said:
Well, sorry I omitted the chocolate from the rant. That's not why this holiday started, but we should make Candy Day!
It's called Halloween, bro.

Sharks Territory said:
However, it's a dumb holiday.
You want to know what holiday is dumb?

Columbus Day. He didn't even discover America. :|

Well, he had credit for making it known to the rest of the world. However, there's the Vikings...

Columbus deserves a holiday.

He made Europeans aware of America, causing them to come here, and take America from the Native Americans.

If the Europeans hadn't came here and drove the Indians away, we wouldn't be here today.

Zoroark said:

He made Europeans aware of America, causing them to come here, and take America from the Native Americans.

If the Europeans hadn't came here and drove the Indians away, we wouldn't be here today.
Yes, we should celebrate people who drove other people from their homes. -_-

Ugozima said:
Zoroark said:

No, we celebrate it because if they hadn't, we would have never been born.

Zoroark said:
Ugozima said:
Zoroark said:

Yes we would have, except in whatever country your family came from.

Who knows what could happen if so? I could possibly be entirely or mostly Spanish in that life! Maybe French...

Lisa to Marge, who "discovered" the internet: "Mom, you're like Christopher Columbus! You discovered something millions of people knew about before you!"

Who the hell does Columbus think he is, taking all the credit?

Do people actually celebrate Columbus Day?

I've heard that the Italians did only because Columbus is one, but that made the Spanish angry because they assisted him.

Ugozima said:
Zoroark said:
Ugozima said:
Zoroark said:

But I am of both European and African descent. I certainly can't be born in two countries at the same time.

Ugozima said:
Zoroark said:
Ugozima said:
Zoroark said:

That's not necessarily true. Something might have happened as a result of Europeans coming to the Americas that made a person be born that if it hadn't happened, they wouldn't have been. In this case, I can imagine there are many examples of this, but we can't be sure of them.

Also, I think it would've been better that the Europeans not did what they did, even if some of us wouldn't have been born were that the case (even though it doesnt really affect me that much).

And imagine all the Native Americans that would have been born if they weren't driven out of their land.

SG, your sig looks like it's saying "Noah"

Back