New Pokémon game in the works

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
http://kotaku.com/5459349/entirely-new-pokemon-series-coming-this-year

There hasn't been an entirely new Pokémon series released since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Know what that means? Time for a new Pokémon series.

An "entirely new" Pocket Monster series, complete with "new Pokémon" was in the works. The new Pocket Monster series will be heading to the Nintendo DS and feature many new features and play functions.

The Pokémon Company has released an official announcement that it is currently developing an entirely new Pokémon series.

Recent releases like HeartGold/SoulSilver or the Mystery Dungeon Games have either been remakes or installments in long-running titles.

The "entirely new" Pokémon series is scheduled to be released on the Nintendo DS this year in Japan.

『ポケットモンスター』シリーズ完全新作 2010年内発売に向けて開発中! | ゲーム関連 | ニュース | ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト [Pokemon.co.jp]

I can only imagine what kinds of new Pokémon they can think up at this point.

I was gonna make this topic, but looks like ya beat me.

By "entirely new", I hope they don't mean that they're going to change the gameplay.

As for what new Pokemon they could think up, there are still lots of animals and mythical creatures that haven't been made into Pokemon.

I think this is pretty awesome. The only problem I have with this is it might make the fanbase even more broken. I might even need to stay away from Pokémon sites to enjoy playing the game. :(

Also, Move'd!

Personally, I think it's a little too soon...

That's just me. Don't you dare bother debating.

At first, I was all like "What? Already?".
Then I realized that "series" could not only refer to another 'series' of main installments, but also to another spin-off series... I'm sure I could easily figure out which they were actually talking about, but I don't care enough.

It isn't a spin-off, because GameFreak is making it.

GameFreak only makes the mainstream games. They don't make spin-offs.

And it isn't too soon.

Look at the gap between releases for the entire series.

Gen 1
Red / Green: 1996
Yellow: 1998

Gen 2
Gold / Silver: 1999
Crystal: 2000

Gen 3
Ruby / Sapphire: 2002
Fire Red / Leaf Green: 2004
Emerald: 2004

Gen 4
Pearl / Diamond: 2006
Platinum: 2008
Heart Gold / Soul Silver: 2009

Gen 5?
2010?

Well, those were all generally split up by console, is what I mean.

Uniju said:
Well, those were all generally split up by console, is what I mean.
Yeah, Gen I was GB, Gen II GBC, Gen III GBA, and Gen IV DS.

Shouldn't they wait for the DS successor to be released?

Rath said:
I think Nintendo considers the DSi to be the DS' successor.
I suppose they could, but I don't. :mad:

Uniju said:
Rath said:
I think Nintendo considers the DSi to be the DS' successor.
I suppose they could, but I don't. :mad:
That smiley always makes it seem like the person is just screaming. :P

But seriously, Tracks of Light awaiting release in Japan, HGSS and Pokepark Wii awaiting Int. Release, isn't a little too soon to release a new mainseries game?

The User Formerly Known as Lario said:
They'll have ground and flying, then.
DRAGON. HAHAHA

Back