No proposals at the moment...

Coincollector

"The hero of winds"
Retired Wiki Staff
OK, this is just a question taken by watching currently the empty proposals' box of the main page. Why not adding the pages' proposals in the main page too? I though about this because many people will think that there is no proposals of any sort in the site (but there is), and as a page proposal is a proposal in general (if you'll forgive redundance) , then the users will try to join to the discussions held in the talk pages as well.

So, what do you think? show page proposals on the main page or not?

apostlebird said:
OK, this is just a question taken by watching currently the empty proposals' box of the main page. Why not adding the pages' proposals in the main page too? I though about this because many people will think that there is no proposals of any sort in the site (but there is), and as a page proposal is a proposal in general (if you'll forgive redundance) , then the users will try to join to the discussions held in the talk pages as well.

So, what do you think? show page proposals on the main page or not?

Hm... Good catch. I say include a list of ongoing talk page proposals in the template.

Super Paper Mario Bros. said:
Hm... Good catch. I say include a list of ongoing talk page proposals in the template.
I'd say we list current talk page proposals there all the time (even when there are current regular proposals).

Cobold said:
I'd say we list current talk page proposals there all the time (even when there are current regular proposals).

Per.

I put two proposals on there now. Putting more will just explode the left column of the Main Page, which is not good.

Cobold said:
I put two proposals on there now. Putting more will just explode the left column of the Main Page, which is not good.

Looks decent. Also, I see what you mean by making one of the columns too big, I personally think 2 is enough, anyway.

Yeah, perhaps just include the 2 latest, and a link to the list.

BTW; this could have easily been a Wiki Admins topic :P

Tucayo said:
this could have easily been a Wiki Admins topic :P
Even so, it's nice to have this stuff open to the public so people can say thier opinions if they want to.

Nerdy Guy said:
Tucayo said:
this could have easily been a Wiki Admins topic :P
Even so, it's nice to have this stuff open to the public so people can say thier opinions if they want to.

I agree with Nerdy Guy here. Us Admins should not make everything a secret, you know. ;)

Ditto. I set this conversation in the general discussion section, so that any user could comment about my request ;D

Back