Did you like Metroid Hunters?

Easmo

Bob-omb
Title speaks for itself.

I navigate many other forums, and in general, I see that everybody labels this game as crap to say the least.

So, yesterday, I decided to start re-playing it to see if I was being blind liking the game. Heck no, the game´s really good. I mean, sure it´s not as good as the home console Metroid Prime games (handheld Metroid works better in 2-D), mostly because of the few missing abilities and the repetition of bosses, but come on, it´s Metroid Prime on a handheld: Gorgeus graphics, good controls, same good old feeling of exploration and finding health, ammo and other upgrades, and a kick-ass multiplayer which is over 9000 times better than the one in Echoes (which is also considered crap and I also like). Shame on Corruption for not having multiplayer at all.

Namely, the bad points in Hunters are:

-Missing abilities: Double jump/Scre attack, another visor, the energy bombs, and another suit

-Repetition of bosses: This only affects the guards of the Octoliths though, which are the same 2 bosses repeated with some variations each time, because the other bosses (the lava monster that guards the magmaul, the other hunters etc) are unique.

But come on... maybe I am too permissive with games, but, despite being not as good as the home console Metroid Prime games, it´s still a great game, and the multiplayer is great, both offline and online (no lag at all, easy to find opponents in online, etc). It has it´s flaws but they don´ overshadow the good parts in my opinion.

Probably, the worst point of this game is the "Prime" in the title, which leads to comparisons. Should this game be called just "Metroid Hunters" without the "Prime" on it, and people would have overlooked it´s flaws into thinking it was it´s own type of Metroid game.

So, what do you think of it? I´m curious.

The single player left a little to be desired, but the multiplayer is great. I'd really like to see some of the other Hunters again, especially Trace.

I once spent three hours murdering my friends with the Imperialist. Not a wasted second.

Fucking love this game.

Multiplayer is great in that game. Single player didn't quite meet the expectations coming from Metroid Prime 1 or 3, but still good enough. Unrelated, but I was greatly dissapointed in Corruption when I found out there was no multiplayer at all after buying the game.

Jackie Chan said:
Multiplayer is great in that game. Single player didn't quite meet the expectations coming from Metroid Prime 1 or 3, but still good enough. Unrelated, but I was greatly dissapointed in Corruption when I found out there was no multiplayer at all after buying the game.

It´s related, actually, because both MP2 Echoes and Hunters had multiplayer.

I was dissapointed at the lack of it in Corruption.

Prime Hunter also did have some good cutscenes IMO.

Back