Ninjabread Man

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
...sucks.

I got it for my birthday, even though I never even HINTED at wanted it, but my mom gave it to me anyway, because it "looked like fun" and cost $10.

I wanted to sell it at a GameStop, but my mom wanted me to try it out at least before I do so. I did, and it was hard not to shake the feeling that it would suck...

But it does. There are only 3 actual levels, not including the tutorial, but the tutorial might as well be included since they're all pretty much the same exact thing: collect objects and get to a specified point. NOTHING is self-explanatory, the levels are confusing to navigate through, I can't figure out how the warps work, the jumping is HORRIBLE (even after I found out you could just press Z instead of shaking the Nunchuk upward), and you know what happens after the final level?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There IS no story, there IS no plot, there IS no point to playing through all four levels, at ALL!

So screw this game, I'm getting rid of it. I can only hope that I can at least get $10 for it, after my mom spent that much on it.

Never heard of it. Sounds crappy though. Kind of like those things they have in TV plots that pisses off all the characters and that one lame-o kid likes playing it. Seriously though, sounds like a company just made the game to make a quick buck. :P

Sounds awesome.

Smashgoom202 said:
...sucks.

I got it for my birthday, even though I never even HINTED at wanted it, but my mom gave it to me anyway, because it "looked like fun" and cost $10.

I wanted to sell it at a GameStop, but my mom wanted me to try it out at least before I do so. I did, and it was hard not to shake the feeling that it would suck...

But it does. There are only 3 actual levels, not including the tutorial, but the tutorial might as well be included since they're all pretty much the same exact thing: collect objects and get to a specified point. NOTHING is self-explanatory, the levels are confusing to navigate through, I can't figure out how the warps work, the jumping is HORRIBLE (even after I found out you could just press Z instead of shaking the Nunchuk upward), and you know what happens after the final level?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There IS no story, there IS no plot, there IS no point to playing through all four levels, at ALL!

So screw this game, I'm getting rid of it. I can only hope that I can at least get $10 for it, after my mom spent that much on it.

Knowing GameStop, you're not going to get more than 5 dollars if it was bought for ten.

You'd probably have better luck with eBay.

So I sold the game at my local GameStop. I got about $1.75 for it, using my EDGE card.

Smashgoom202 said:
So I sold the game at my local GameStop. I got about $1.75 for it, using my EDGE card.

...Wow.

Yeah, looking at this game online, it looks pretty sucky.

I remember once some website made a contest of the worst games of 2008 for the Wii or something like that. Ninjabread Man was in the running, but despite its crappiness, it "lost" to Pimp My Ride. Has anybody heard of it?

RAP said:
Ninjabread Man used to be a PS2 game, until the developers decided "Hey guys, we should exploit the so called "Wii" by dumping our games into their library to make some cash". Either that, or since the game was originally released only in Europe, they wanted to have their game in the US.

Hey, people are even bashing the company for those tasteless games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Design_Interactive#Critical_response
I noticed there was a petition on IGN while reading that article. I'd sign it, but I'm not a member/user at IGN.

In Issue 44 of Official Nintendo Magazine(not Nintendo Power), readers were issued the challenge to "Play Ninjabread Man and enjoy it". They later said it was impossible.

That gives me a Nostalgia Critic/AVGN vibe...

Man, the guys who made this game are LAZY.

I looked at the ratings on GameSpot and they gave it a 3.1.

That's... that's terrible.

I actually heard of that game before. I saw a review of it on YouTube about the game by Armake21 (his review and account is gone and his new account is BoxedEntertainment21 or something). And I gotta say, it looks like a very crappy game. How dare your mom buy that for you. :mad:

Back