Beta Starbeans Sprites finally found

N

Nerdy Guy

"Can't let you brew that, Starbucks"

To tell the truth, I'm not entirely sure if anyone found these already. I know people have found the text related to the lost scences hidden away in the game. But I never saw a sheet of all the sprites, until now. It's a pretty cool sheet. There's a couple other things like spining coins and a scrapped Bullet Bill Cannon. It's a pretty interesting find, so I thought I should show it to everyone. I didn't make it however. With these, someone could possibly upload individural sprites without the colored backgrounds for use in the Beta Elements article. (not trying to force it though, just a bit of OCD and Aspergers acting up) They should get permission if it needed however. (I couldn't tell if it said that; the sheet didn't scale in a way that I could read it [I need a real computer])

Nice NG!! Let me see if I can upload them, I am not sure about the splitting, perhaps uploading the whole sheet, but that credit thing makes it look bad, but if we remove it it will be stealing the job. *sigh*

Saria said:
Nice NG!! Let me see if I can upload them, I am not sure about the splitting, perhaps uploading the whole sheet, but that credit thing makes it look bad, but if we remove it it will be stealing the job. *sigh*
You could always add the credit as part of the caption in the gallery box thingy. Splitting it up would give it a better close up and varity. Plus there's more then one category of unused sprites in there. :-\

I saw the people at tSR working on this about a week or so ago. (There was a topic about it on their forum.) I wasn't aware that the sheet had been uploaded already. o_0

I'll contact Salanewt and see if he'll let us upload some of the sprites.

Super Mario Bros. said:
This is interesting. Nice catch, NG.
Thanks. ;)
I went to the Spriters-Resource to look around and I found this sheet in the update. It was pretty awesome/interesting and I wasn't sure if anyone caught it yet, so I decided to talk about it here.

And I always thought I would never see the light XD. Thanks for having placed. Perhaps the negative is that the sprite of Link is almost identical to the sprite of The Minish Cap.

I got his permission to use the beta sprites on the wiki. He also released a new sheet today with beta enemies and a few other things.

Click!

Stooben Rooben said:
I got his permission to use the beta sprites on the wiki. He also released a new sheet today with beta enemies and a few other things.

Click!
Awesome. Are the sprites split up on the wiki so they're easier to see and close up (just wondering :P)? Also, did he let us use the sprites from the new sheet?

I haven't uploaded them yet, but they'll be separated. :P

And yes, we can use sprites from the new ones.

Cool. :)

You know, I wonder why these sprites have been missing for a couple years. People had found the text, but they never found the sprites till now. :koopa:

Back