Any old Hollywood lovers?

museforsale

Koopa Troopa
I'm personally a huge fan of old movies! There's just an air of innocence in black and white, and a higher, more refined sense of artistry. And of course, there's all that class ;)

My personal favorites are Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers :posh:

Anyone else like the classics? :)

I like the original King Kong if that counts.

Compared to the special effects we have now, King Kong '33 was pretty cheesy; but for back then, it was really sharp.

As far as black and white movies go, I like quite a few of them; sadly, all I can think of at the moment is Casablanca and Top Hat.

There are also several old Technicolor moves I like as well. :P

Haha, seriously; The Day the Earth Stood Still was easily the best 50's sci-fi film.

I didn't even bother to go see it, lol.

Shirley Temple movies. I watch them all the time with my grandma. Also the old back and white version of Night of the Living Dead. Pretty epic and unintentionly funny.
(the heros light thier own car on fire while trying to fill it up with fuel)

Stooben Rooben said:
As far as black and white movies go, I like quite a few of them; sadly, all I can think of at the moment is Casablanca and Top Hat.

Oh gosh, Top Hat is probably my favorite movie (if it's not apparent from my sig, haha).

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Shirley Temple movies. I watch them all the time with my grandma. Also the old back and white version of Night of the Living Dead. Pretty epic and unintentionly funny.
(the heros light thier own car on fire while trying to fill it up with fuel)

xD I remember that, it was funny! It does get hard sometimes to respect old movies because some are just downright ridiculous by modern standards, no matter how good they were for their time.

Double Indemnity and Key Largo were awesome. And The Last Man on Earth ftw.

Considering Citizen Kane's status as the greatest movie of all-time, I am pissed off that NO store seems to have it.

As for classics I have seen; Casablanca and To Kill a Mockingbird were magnificent, easily two of the greatest films I've ever seen.

Gogol Bordello said:
Considering Citizen Kane's status as the greatest movie of all-time, I am pissed off that NO store seems to have it.
Except for, you know, Amazon.

Not the point. It's a disgrace that so few stores sell one of the greatest films ever made.

Two stores =/= All stores.

Maybe it's just in Australia, since this country seems to enjoy not importing the best.

Those may be two stores, but they are two huge stores. Maybe if you looked for it as much as you complain about not finding it you'd find more stores that have it.

I'm sorry, it just annoys me how much you complain about not finding something that was so easy to find.

Don't worry, I'll start shopping online more often from now on, since local stores are completely useless.

Back