How To Train Your Dragon

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
New Dreamworks picture, coming next year, along with the new Shrek movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUhygdAZIw

Yeah, I saw that trailer and the only thing that interested me was the dragon, "Toothless". I love dragons. I may see this movie only to see the dragon.

It's interesting to note that this movie is "based" on a series of children's novels, though the movie tells a completely different story. I suppose lovers of the novels will hate the movie, just as I hate some of the Harry Potter movies and the Dragon Ball movie for not taking liberties from the original source material...

It's kind of sad, how I get majorly upset about stuff like that, even if the movie's good. And yet here, the movie looks good, but people are saying that the movie is ruined because it doesn't exactly follow the original story...

I feel so conflicted...

...Well, anyway, what do you all think?

Doesn't look that bad, I guess.

It looks cool, and it's close to my birthday ;D

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
I was expecting Pokémon when I saw the title. :'(
If it was meant to be a Pokémon movie, it would of had "Pokémon" in the title.

Smashgoom202 said:
Most people don't use the "Pokémon" part when speaking about the movies. Take Lucario and the Mystery of Mew for example.

Smashgoom202 said:
Most people don't use the "Pokémon" part when speaking about the movies. Take Lucario and the Mystery of Mew for example.
Or Arceus and the Jewel of Life.

This movie shoulda been a Pokémon movie about training a Charizard.

Lyra said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Funny story, while watching the movie, my mom saw Toothless for the first time and whispered to me: "Don't that look like a Pokémon?" It didn't remind me of any Pokémon off the top of my head, but whatever.

Anyway I just saw the movie, and I really liked it! Toothless was adorable, just like I expected. But you know what? I also liked the other dragons, the vikings, and the whole message the movie conveyed.

It got very good reviews, apparently.

Oh, and it's about Vikings.

The only good DreamWorks movies were Shrek and Shrek 2. It's all downhill from there.

Movie wasn't bad and in most of the people's reviews they say it was cute which I agree

Ugozima said:
I tend to stay away from DreamWork's films after Shark Tale.
Kung Fu Panda was supposed to be really good, and I highly recommend this movie, too!

But I don't blame you for that line of thinking.

Smashgoom202 said:
Ugozima said:
Kung Fu Panda was supposed to be really good, and I highly recommend this movie, too!

Most of DreamWork's films seem to just based on whatever Disney movie is coming out.

Which doesn't work in their favor since Disney movies suck now.

Ugozima said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Ugozima said:

Most of DreamWork's films seem to just based on whatever Disney movie is coming out.
I think you're confusing Disney with Pixar...

Gogol Bordello said:

...And that's not true! The Princess and the Frog was really good!

Gogol Bordello said:

...And that's not true! The Princess and the Frog was really good!
[/quote]

Well beside that all new current disney movies are crap.

...Well, yeah, you're right about that... It's like Disney doesn't even care anymore. Even though I have yet to actually see the movie, I'm still not certain that the new Rapunzel movie will be all that good. Oh wait, I meant to say "Tangled". ...Ugh...

Back