DSi XL

>DSi XL
heehee

Anyway, who else is reminded of the Atari Lynx? If I remember correctly, Atari actually put a lot of empty space into the Lynx because they thought that people would think it was more impressive if it was bigger, and it would thus sell better. Of course, few people know this because it sold horribly. That said, I would probably buy a DSi XL if it had the same design as the original DS. I absolutely despise the Lite design(not only aesthetically, it feels really weird to play. The buttons are way too tall and it's way too square :(). Nintendo is making way too many handhelds, anyone remember the Gameboy Micro? I don't blame you if you don't. This is pretty much the Gameboy Micro, except 1. It might actually sell, looking at what Nintendo has been getting away with lately, and 2. It's not fucking tiny, it's fucking huge.

When will Nintendo learn?

It seems like one of those things they'd announce on April Fool's Day so people can laugh even more when they find out it's real.

I don't know... I don't even have a DSi, but then again, it will probably be a while for this to come to America.

Didn't the DSi just come out? :|

Mindless Junker said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Didn't the DSi just come out? :|
I know.. Instead of making another DSi, why not make another system?
They're working on one as we speak. It's named "DS Complete" or something like that. :P

I can just see it now.

Nintendo - HEY! DID YOU JUST BUY A NINTENDO DSi?!?!?!?

Random guy - Yes!

Nintendo - WELLWEJUSTMADEANEWVERSIONOFITWITHABIGGERSCREENSOGOANDBUYTHATONEBECAUSEWEREGREEDYANDJUSTWANTMONEYANDAREMAKINGTONSOFREVISIONSINSTEADOFPUTTINGTHEMALLINTOTHEFIRSTRELEASE!

Random guy - Dammit!

Uniju's Maid said:
I can just see it now.

Nintendo - WELLWEJUSTMADEANEWVERSIONOFITWITHABIGGERSCREENSOGOANDBUYTHATONEBECAUSEWEREGREEDYANDJUSTWANTMONEYANDAREMAKINGTONSOFREVISIONSINSTEADOFPUTTINGTHEMALLINTOTHEFIRSTRELEASE!
I can't really see Nintendo saying that. Maybe Foxnews, but not Nintendo. :P

Uniju's Maid said:
The quote doesn't even fit in the quote box.
That's because you didn't put any spaces in your posts.

Now let's stop being off-topic before we get in trouble. :shifty:

Wiiii! Another rehash of the same system. Looks like another waste of money that I won't be buying.

SolarBlaze said:
Wiiii! Another rehash of the same system. Looks like another waste of money that I won't be buying.
I know. I seriously hope people don't fall for this and buy it. It sounds like a waste of money.
Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo........ =/

Angry Sasquatch said:
SolarBlaze said:
I know. I seriously hope people don't fall for this and buy it. It sounds like a waste of money.
Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo........ =/
I think it's more of just an idea that Nintendo of Japan thought would be good for people to have since gamers are different in Japan, but I guess they didn't know it doesn't work in the US. NOA just might be releasing it to make Nintendo of Japan happy. Either that or some generic answer that has to do with money. :-\

OHHHKAYY. I wanted a DSi XL but im second guessing now. When I heard about it, sources said that it would have a bigger screen, which is exciting, but then...when i looked it up on MarioWiki and saw photo comparisons of DSi's and DSi XL's, idk if i want it anymore...I was just hoping for bigger duel-screens not the whole DSi being WAYYYY TOO if you will XL. anybody else think so?

sincerely,
teamxxbowser :bowser:

Here's all I know:

*The DSi will come out for the U.S. and Europe in Spring 2010.
*It already released in Japan at November 21, 2009.
*The only reason Nintendo made it was because it helped people who had trouble seeing small screens.

It's basically a DSi for elderly citizens.

Waluigi48 said:
*The only reason Nintendo made it was because it helped people who had trouble seeing small screens.
If I recall correctly, that was completely made up by the internet and Nintendo has said several times that it's not true.

The only other reason I can think of is that some people's hands were too big for the regular DSi, either that or some generic answer revolving around the fact that some people think Nintendo is greedy.

The DSi is yet to come, right? Well, why don't they sell XL instead of the DSi? Why would old people play VGs, anyway?

@Booman: ...The DSi has been out since April 5th.

Also, it's probably because they hope people will buy a DSi XL and a DSi.

How they could have tackled all the possible reasons for making this:

*Wanting people to able to easier see what people are doing in video games - Allow the DS to connect to the Wii, so you can watch everything that's happening on your TV.
*Wanting to make the console more comfortable for people with larger hands - Scrap the Lite, i, and iXL, and just sell the original DS again. You know, the one that was actually comfortable to hold. Alternatively, inflatable handles.
*Wanting more old people to play DS - Point 1 and more casual shovelware.
*Making the DS easier to market to Americans - Give Kirby a talk show.
*Making the DS bigger - Point 2, or look through all your emails that got marked as "spam".

Piraka Wario said:
How they could have tackled all the possible reasons for making this:

*Wanting people to able to easier see what people are doing in video games - Allow the DS to connect to the Wii, so you can watch everything that's happening on your TV.

Yeah, they should've done that. It would have been a lot better than a DSi with bigger screens, in my opinion.

Back