No New Stub Articles

Plumber

Fantendo Founder
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/They
MarioWiki
Plumber
What the *bleep* is this all about? And talk of smaller articles being merged? This needs to stop. Any article deserves a place on the Mariowiki.

Effortless articles don't one sentence, two sentence are worthless woes of information. Most articles probably shouldn't get merged.

Merging articles is for Wikipedia.

But, to make a useless stub that only states what game something is from draws attention from the article subject... do you kinda see what I mean?

Meh... let me elaborate. Without the help of red links, I can't tell if an article needs expantion.

um, why'd you double post.?

*sigh*

I think this is nice, but some articles only can have a few lines.

Remember the merchandise! :blush:

Plumber said:
It's Stumpers, Gonzo.

Yeah, he can tell by looking to the left of my posts. It works with all users. Pretty neat feature, actually.

By the way, I double posted so that it wouldn't seem like I had said something really nasty and then edited it out. Plumber and me are having some issues or something, so... IDK. We should go see a marriage counselor. If they can help married people they can help us!

3dejong said:
*sigh*

I think this is nice, but some articles only can have a few lines.

Remember the merchandise! :blush:

Yeah, I was there too!! Some of them I putted in... like MP Backpacks 8)

We are not going to be merging short articles. What we are going to do is try to have all new articles reach a minimum standard, so we don't have hundreds of one or two sentence articles all over the wiki.

Stubs shouldn't be written. If people WOULD research and make hefty articles, then they'd be amazed at how fun it is; I usually do my best to research as much as possible.

...But I hate this stupid page merging. I think a Link to the Past must be stopped.

I have to oppose this.

Some minor aspects of the Marioverse can't get much more detailed than a paragraph and(Maybe) an image. A small description of such minor elements are appropriate, "stub" or not.

I strongly urge the administration of the Super Mario Wiki to reconsider this move, as I believe it will be a major problem in limiting the potential of this wiki.

Yeah, stubs are fine, I suppose; if the creator's too lazy to put in a bunch of info, some lowly user'll put in more eventually. I occasionally do weird stuff like that.

Stubs are fine. The problem is one or two sentence articles. A paragraph article is fine. Don't worry, a policy is in action to resolve these issues.

Yeah, I really hate when I get an article that reads:

"Scout is a character from the Marioverse."
-or-
"Ace is a character from Mario Tennis."

*slaps all articles that begin like that*

We need a article-hunt for those one-liners.

I'll link HIS past...

Reaper_copy.jpg

I believe we should pelt his talk page with that.

Stumpers said:
Reaper_copy.jpg

I believe we should pelt his talk page with that.
Shure, why not. That's a cool pic by the way.

Ditto the motion.

He just needs to learn that we are a @#$% stand-alone wiki. GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD! WE ARE NOT WIKIA OR WIKIPEDIA!

Back