Is Dry Bowser becoming the new Petey Piranha?

Rad Dudesman

King Bowser
Ever since his appearance in NSMB, Dry Bowser has appeared in Mario Kart Wii as a heavyweight, a spot that should have been filled by Petey. Now he's a boss in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.

At least Petey had originality; Dry Bowser is just an undead Bowser, and it makes no sense for him to be able to compete against Bowser in spin-offs.

I think it might just be a short phase, like how Petey had some major playable roles, but then slowly died down to a minor character with little appearences.

EDIT: I guess Dry Bowser pretty much is becoming another Petey, but with not as much appearances as Petey had within a few years.

I personally like Dry Bowser, and he isn't being used THAT much. Let's take a look at some recent Mario games..

Bowser's Inside Story {no Dry Bowser}
Dr. Mario Online RX WiiWare {No DryBowser}
Mario Party 8 {No Dry Bowser}
Super Mario Galaxy {No Dry Bowser}
Super Paper Mario {No Dry Bowser}
New Super Mario Bros. {Dry Bowser}
MK:Wii {Dry Bowser}
Olympic Winter Games: {Dry Bowser}

That's it. I guess he's been appearing more than before, but still not much.

I like Dry Bowser much better than Petey. I never liked Petey.

Piraka Wario said:
I like Dry Bowser much better than Petey. I never liked Petey.

I don't know... I mean, it's just two games. Petey Piranha had several under his belt before people suddenly started hating him.

Smashgoom202 said:
Petey Piranha had several under his belt before people suddenly started hating him.
I hated Petey in Sunshine.

The thing that really bugs me is that... he´s still Bowser.

Mario interacting with Baby Mario had at least some very slight logic with the time travel like in partners in time ... but how the heck does Bowser compete against his own undead form?

Easmo said:
Mario interacting with Baby Mario had at least some very slight logic with the time travel like in partners in time ... but how the heck does Bowser compete against his own undead form?
It's true that the Mario and Baby Mario thing has some logic to it, but the explaination came many years after his first appearence with Mario. I remember everyone thinking there was no way it could make since, before PiT was made. We just have to wait a while before Nintendo comes up with something like that for Bowser and Dry Bowser.

I dont think dry bowser shold be gone forever, he just doesn't need his own character. He could be an alternate costume for bowser, maybe.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Easmo said:
It's true that the Mario and Baby Mario thing has some logic to it, but the explaination came many years after his first appearence with Mario. I remember everyone thinking there was no way it could make since, before PiT was made. We just have to wait a while before Nintendo comes up with something like that for Bowser and Dry Bowser.
Maybe the Dry Bowser in the spin-offs is from the future. Or maybe he's actually Bowser's father, Morton Koopa Sr.

Dr. Evil said:
Easmo said:
Maybe the Dry Bowser in the spin-offs is from the future. Or maybe he's actually Bowser's father, Morton Koopa Sr.

That would be a nice explanation to see an undead Bowser in front of the actual Bowser. And it would be so freaking awesome.

You´re right. That explanation Dr.Evil mentioned would be awesome, right?

who knows, but my conclusion is... It's a pile of bones they like to use as a boss and Petey isnt being replaced

How can you hate Petey Pirahna i mean he(she) is a great character.

g.narron said:
How can you hate Petey Pirahna? He is a great character.
Some people were annoyed that he's been in so many games even though he's not that major, but now some people transfered that hate over to Dry Bowser.

g.narron said:
How can you hate Petey Pirahna? He is a great character.
Some people were annoyed that he's been in so many games even though he's not that major, but now some people transfered that hate over to Dry Bowser.
In other words, people complain about everything.

i never said i hated Petey, I like them both, im just saying they like using the pile of bones boss and Petey Isnt getting replaced

Crackin355 said:
i never said i hated Petey, I like them both, im just saying they like using the pile of bones boss and Petey Isnt getting replaced
I wasn't talking about you, I was just talking about how people generaly feel about him.

Dr. Evil said:
At least Petey had originality; Dry Bowser is just an undead Bowser, and it makes no sense for him to be able to compete against Bowser in spin-offs.

Exactly. Makes as much sence as Mario contra Baby Mario, examplewise.

Crackin355 said:
maybe... its a mutated Dry Bones that LOOKS like Bowser so they call him Dry Bowser!

Uhm... As far as I know you can actually see Bowser "transform" into Dry Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. oO So it is Bowser.

It could be a clone. I mean, think about it, in works of fiction like Marvel Comics and Metal Gear Solid, after a certain amount of time, a clone's flesh will start to deteriorate/the clone's aging process would accellerate. The new Dry Bowser could be a clone that deteriorated in a manner that their bones and hair remained, and became a dry bones.

Or maybe, just maybe, you could be putting a bit too much thought into this.

Back