Falcon's Weather Balloon Hoax

N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Link: www.foxnews.com (just remember it's not going to stay on the front page)

Some person's son, Captain Falcon, Age 6, "climbed" into a UFO-like weather balloon yestarday that took off and flew around. The parents called the police and they tracked down the balloon, but when it fell, the kid wasn't in there. So now, it turns out he was just hiding out in the attic. People now say it might've just been a publicity stunt. Have you guys ever heard anything about this?

EDIT: News confrence at 2:00, I can't believe I'm going to have to watch Fox News. -_-

EDIT 2: Just heard the 911 Call, the parents said the weather balloon was a "UFO, and [Falcon] knows how to fly it". *facepalm*

EDIT 3: Added link.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
This belongs in Mindless Junk.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
I hope not.
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Piraka Wario said:
I hope not.
Then I'm sorry that it's happening. The parents seem not to have planned this after all. I watched the news conference. The family is going to be further investigated, due to the little boy quietly saying "You said we were doing this for the show" during an interview with Larry King. That obviously proves that this was done for publicity, but the thier local police chief thinks to sterotypicly and doesn't believe that three 6, 8, and 10 year olds could've have planned this by themselves. *facepalm* (welcome to the real world, mr. policeman)
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Who the hell is Wolf?

Who the hell names their kid Falcon?

Who the hell lets their 6-year old say hell on TV?

Get a grip. This is crappy parenting at a premium.
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
This is an old thread, but I guess I'll update it:

It turns out the shierff lied about believing the family so he could get them to confess. It's now officaily a hoax and the parents were professenal actors who met in an acting school. They staged the whole thing to try to get famous. They now possibly face charges for the rescue crew's services.
 

SmartGuy

A complete wanker.
Sharks Territory said:
Who the hell lets their 6-year old say hell on TV?
Parents who aren't oversensitive Conservatives Christians.

This is pretty stupid, how did it need an investigation for people to know it was all faked? wasn't that obvious from the start?
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Spines Alien said:
This is pretty stupid, how did it need an investigation for people to know it was all faked? wasn't that obvious from the start?
People didn't start thinking that it was fake until the found out he wasn't in the balloon. Also, the police had to have really strong evidence to convict them, regardless of how obviously faked it was.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Piraka Wario said:
I hope not.
Then I'm sorry that it's happening. The parents seem not to have planned this after all. I watched the news conference. The family is going to be further investigated, due to the little boy quietly saying "You said we were doing this for the show" during an interview with Larry King. That obviously proves that this was done for publicity, but the thier local police chief thinks to sterotypicly and doesn't believe that three 6, 8, and 10 year olds could've have planned this by themselves. *facepalm* (welcome to the real world, mr. policeman)
...they DIDN'T plan it by themselves, it was the parents, obviously.
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Thom Yorke said:
Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Piraka Wario said:
I hope not.
Then I'm sorry that it's happening. The parents seem not to have planned this after all. I watched the news conference. The family is going to be further investigated, due to the little boy quietly saying "You said we were doing this for the show" during an interview with Larry King. That obviously proves that this was done for publicity, but the thier local police chief thinks to sterotypicly and doesn't believe that three 6, 8, and 10 year olds could've have planned this by themselves. *facepalm* (welcome to the real world, mr. policeman)
...they DIDN'T plan it by themselves, it was the parents, obviously.
I know that. That post was made around the time of the shierf's meeting. I didn't know that much about this subject back then. I admit it was kind of a stupid comment. :-\
 
Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Thom Yorke said:
Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Piraka Wario said:
I hope not.
Then I'm sorry that it's happening. The parents seem not to have planned this after all. I watched the news conference. The family is going to be further investigated, due to the little boy quietly saying "You said we were doing this for the show" during an interview with Larry King. That obviously proves that this was done for publicity, but the thier local police chief thinks to sterotypicly and doesn't believe that three 6, 8, and 10 year olds could've have planned this by themselves. *facepalm* (welcome to the real world, mr. policeman)
...they DIDN'T plan it by themselves, it was the parents, obviously.
I know that. That post was made around the time of the shierf's meeting. I didn't know that much about this subject back then. I admit it was kind of a stupid comment. :-\
Okay then. :)
 
Top