You know what never made any sense to me?

Piraka Wario said:
Yeah. Not only that, you're in FUCKING SPACE.
I think the next 3D Mario game after Galaxy 2 should have you IN ANOTHER FUCKING UNIVERSE!

Piraka Wario said:
Yeah. Not only that, you're in *bleep*ING SPACE.
Yeah, yeah, but the setting doesn't really matter here, you're still jumping form platform to platform.

Jumping from... Oh, you mean like in essentially every video game since 1980?
OK.

Piraka Wario said:
OK.
I meant 3D platforming... God.

I've always had trouble expressing what I'm trying to say, but it seems like I'm having the hardest time on this forum in particular.

You know what else has 3D platforming?
Every 3D platformer. >_>

Smashgoom202 said:
Piraka Wario said:
OK.
I meant 3D platforming... God.

I've always had trouble expressing what I'm trying to say, but it seems like I'm having the hardest time on this forum in particular.
That's because we have some people that like to joke around with everyone. Meet Uniju and his son, Ugozima.

You are an idiot and I was being completely serious. >_>

Piraka Wario said:
You are an idiot and I was being completely serious. >_>
I already know about the idiot part, but I'm not sure if you really serious about the being serious part. (bad joke not intended) You tend to do this alot. I'm probily being more of an idiot now because you might be really joking.

No, you're the one who isn't making sense. You think that every game that has 3D platforming is as similar to other games with 3D platforming as each Pokemon game is from each other.

Togepi said:
People who complain that when a new Pokemon game comes out, that it has the same core gameplay as all the ones in the past.

Isn't it true that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Well, is the gameplay of the Pokemon games broken? No, if it was, they would've changed it long ago.

My point is, I just don't get it when people complain that a game has the same gameplay as it's predecessors and yet there was nothing wrong with the gameplay of those.
I've seen people make the same stupid complaints about New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (the latter, especially), claiming that it "looks like the exact same game with new levels and Yoshi". The thing I find ironic about that, is if those two games DID end up being vastly different from their predecessors, then people would be pissed.

Piraka Wario said:
No, you're the one who isn't making sense. You think that every game that has 3D platforming is as similar to other games with 3D platforming as each Pokemon game is from each other.
I SAID that everyone 3D platforming Mario game was like Super Mario 64, if you were paying any attention at all. Okay, so in Super Mario Sunshine you had the F.L.U.D.D., and in Super Mario Galaxy you were in outer space, they're still doing what Super Mario 64 did originally.

I think you're just misinterpreting what I've been saying. Either that or I wasn't making it as clear as it should have...

Although, you have to admit, Super Mario 64, as well as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, DID set the standard of how 3D games work today. But that wasn't really my point.

My point was to compare the pattern of Pokémon games to the pattern of other successful franchises.

Yes yes I know what your POINT was, your example just sucked. Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy are hugely different, while different Pokemon games are pretty much the same. If you see a screenshot of Super Mario Galaxy with 64 bit graphics, it'll still look like Super Mario Galaxy, but if you see a screenshot of one of the second generation Pokemon games without color, you'll probably assume it's first generation.

Piraka Wario said:
Yes yes I know what your POINT was, your example just sucked. Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy are hugely different, while different Pokemon games are pretty much the same. If you see a screenshot of Super Mario Galaxy with 64 bit graphics, it'll still look like Super Mario Galaxy, but if you see a screenshot of one of the second generation Pokemon games without color, you'll probably assume it's first generation.
You're bringing graphics into this? Seriously? :-\

If you're trying to prove how literally you can take things, I think you just won a prize.

Piraka Wario said:
If you're trying to prove how literally you can take things, I think you just won a prize.
I DO take things literally, that's who I am. I didn't mean to make a huge thing of this, but it's just hard for me to tell just what to take seriously, especially on forum posts from people I don't know.

Seriously =/= Literally.

To me, there isn't much of a difference, as I still pretty much take everything I'm told to heart unless otherwise stated.

Like Uni-san, said, Seriously =/= Literally

For instance, I take Pokemon games seriously.

Does that mean I take them literally? No, it doesn't.

Back