The Desktop Topic

ChrisAlassal

Monty Mole
Post a screenshot of your desktop for all to gaze at.

Mine?

deskatopgy3.png

(Resized, full version here.)

Yeah, I'm such a nerd.

Also, the Recycle Bin is Luigi when full, and emptying it "brainwashes" him into becoming Mr. L.

So! Let's see your desktops. I'm interested in seeing if anyone's topped me in Mario-obsessiveness.

ChrisAlassal said:
Post a screenshot of your desktop for all to gaze at.

Mine?

mariodesktopsuper.png

(Resized, full version here.)

Yeah, I'm such a nerd.

Also, the Recycle Bin is Luigi when full, and emptying it "brainwashes" him into becoming Mr. L.

So! Let's see your desktops. I'm interested in seeing if anyone's topped me in Mario-obsessiveness.

How did you get your icons to do all that??? I want to do that for some of mine... My desktops a boring picture of a snowy path... But yours looks great!!! Seriously, how do you do that with your desktop icons???

I'll just copy the instructions I used...

First, you want to set yourself up a set of .reg files for the following icon sizes; 48x48, 64x64, 72x72, 96x96, 128x128

To do this, copy and paste the following into a .txt file:
-------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"Shell Icon Size"="96"

(Don't copy the dotted lines!)

After pasting that into a .txt file, save the file, then rename it to "Icon96x96.reg". Copy this file 4 times and rename it for each other icon size (Icon48x48.reg, Icon64x64.reg, etc) Open each .reg file you made with notepad and change the line "Shell Icon Size"="96" to a number that matches the file name.

Icon48x48.reg will look like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"Shell Icon Size"="48"

(Don't copy the dotted lines!)

I'm using standard WinXP icon sizes here, you can create a .reg for any icon size from 16x16 to 512x512. I wouldn't go larger than 128x128, but some people do.

Now to change your icon sizes, double click the .reg file for the icon size you want. Let the information be added to your registry. Log off, log in. All of your icons will now be the size you selected.

And that's it.

Thanks for the compliments!

My desktop is just a large Straight Outta Lynwood pic. And I formerly had an icon editing programme, so I could make something similar, too.

I change my desktop's background monthly to a random Mario screenshot or piece of artwork; otherwise it's just normal.

Just to keep the page from stretching, here's the link to mine.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/12hc12/dtbgss.png

Just a little something I made before my Paintshop Pro trial ended (in use with my Photoshop, too. ;P)
Woot.

EDIT:: That icon size thing is cool, but, now all my icons are huge, and none of those sizes are the default. Would you happen to know how to revert them back to default? D=

Nice desktop ;)

Luigi hc said:
Just to keep the page from stretching, here's the link to mine.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/12hc12/dtbgss.png

Just a little something I made before my Paintshop Pro trial ended (in use with my Photoshop, too. ;P)
Woot.

EDIT:: That icon size thing is cool, but, now all my icons are huge, and none of those sizes are the default. Would you happen to know how to revert them back to default? D=

To revert them, make a .reg file with 32x32 resolution. Also, that's easy to sidestep too. If your folders are all set to "Tile" view, they'll be small in the folders, and only big on the desktop. But yeah, to revert, just activate one of the smaller .regs.

They both FTW. I'll upload mine soon. Unfortunatly, my parent's don't allow Mario on mine. *CRY*

I probably could do that, but i won't for now.

My desktop's changed, again. xD
Check it out, I got it here. ;D (No, I didn't make this one.)

More custom stuff!

internetszu5.png

I browse the internet in style.

Smiddle said:
ChrisAlassal said:
More custom stuff!

internetszu5.png

I browse the internet in style.

Do you use ClearType?

OMG Im famous look on the side it has me :D

Never heard of Cleartype, what is it?

It makes the font smoother. This is how I see the MarioWiki forums. You enable it through control panel > screen. When that pop up pops up, pick the fourth tab (it shouldsay "looks" or something, not sure, because my interface language isn't English. Then, click effects button, and there is two dropdown boxes. One of them have ClearType in it. Choose ClearType and activate it by checking the box.

these are really awesome!

Back