So Obama wants to add more time to school...

Lario

Seems so long ago.
I think that's a good thing anyway... ...judging how students seem to get dumber each year...

Its not the time spent in school, it's the quality of schooling and the attention span of the students, scince most kids only play video games and watch tv, they don't pay attention and don't learn. I'd like to see more money put into education instead of longer hours.

Per all.

Lavos said:
Its not the time spent in school, it's the quality of schooling and the attention span of the students, scince most kids only play video games and watch tv, they don't pay attention and don't learn. I'd like to see more money put into education instead of longer hours.
That's true...

Kids and whatever! Pay more attention in school! ... Unless you want to waste more time in school...

AND DON'T DO DRUGS.

Working on education isn't a bad idea in itself, but kids not learning is mostly an attitude problem. Making school longer will just make people hate it more.

Basically, Obama's motivation for this is the fact that other countries have more school days... (Example: China.)

We are in debt to China, Muigi.

The amount of time spent in school has virtually no effect on how well a student will perform academically. It's the dedication, charisma, and innovation that the teachers (should) provide that makes a difference. If the government -- and further on down, the school boards -- would put more funding and dedication in the schools they represent and administrate, everything would probably work out better...meaning that our nation wouldn't be the 26th(?) most intelligent nation in the world; we could easily make the top 10 if everyone would put in enough effort.

Stooben Rooben said:
The amount of time spent in school has virtually no effect on how well a student will perform academically. It's the dedication, charisma, and innovation that the teachers (should) provide that makes a difference. If the government -- and further on down, the school boards -- would put more funding and dedication in the schools they represent and administrate, everything would probably work out better...meaning that our nation wouldn't be the 26th(?) most intelligent nation in the world; we could easily make the top 10 if everyone would put in enough effort.
Excellent... [/mrburns]

Stooben Rooben said:
Exactly what I was trying to say, only better.

Back