Punch Out for DS?

Aiko Heiwa

Power Star
Banned User
Would this work?

I think it could. Although, if they do make a Punch Out for DS, they must let you unlock the NES one after beating it.

Sounds like it could really damage the screen.

Piraka Wario said:
Sounds like it could really damage the screen.
Yeah. Especially on the DS Lite, because there were a lot of reports of snapped DS Lites, I believe.

But ignoring that one issue, Punch Out for the DS would be epic win.

Hmmmm, Tap body for hooks, tap head for jabs, slide to left/right to dodge, slide down to duck, touch body to block. Me likes.

Lavos said:
Hmmmm, Tap body for hooks, tap head for jabs, slide to left/right to dodge, slide down to duck, touch body to block. Me likes.
But to make it feel like Punch Out, we must tap hard.

Gulliver said:
Lavos said:
There could always be a button control option for those who don't want to break the screen.

Jeff said:
Gulliver said:
Lavos said:
There could always be a button control option for those who don't want to break the screen.
Also, Soda Popinski should be playable.

Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Gulliver said:
Lavos said:
I think it would be cool to have the other boxers have their own career mode. It would start out with sandman, being powerful and all, battling his way to the top and end with glass joe struggling through the ranks. You would play as different fighters, each having semi- unique enemies customized to them. For example, for don, bald bull would do a lot of bull charges, but for soda, he would do more uppercut type things. That way in addition to each character having different moves, each fighter would have a different strategy. That woun't happen, but that would be epic.

Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Gulliver said:
Lavos said:
I would love to play as the other characters. Great Tiger ftw. 8)

That being said, the top screen could have all the fight stats (round time, life bars, etc.), and the bottom screen could be where the action takes place. Touch Screen controls would be optional.

I'd buy it for sure. I agree with others- it should support button control as well. It should feature graphics similar to the Wii; but obviously a DS can't do that real great.

Psychotic Pal said:
I'd buy it for sure. I agree with others- it should support button control as well. It should feature graphics similar to the Wii; but obviously a DS can't do that real great.
I've seen a couple 3D games that look realy good on the DS, so it could work out. It needs WiFi though. Beating up people around the world would be fun. :)

List of ideas

Touch screen and button controls
Career modes for all boxers
3d
WiFi
NES version unlockable

I don't know... If there were a Punch-Out!! game on the DS, I'd like to see it in sprite form rather than using any 3D graphics. Also, I'd like to use this opportunity to include characters that didn't make it, and to me SHOULD have made it, into Punch-Out!! for the Wii...

...Dragon Chan, FTW!

Smashgoom202 said:
I don't know... If there were a Punch-Out!! game on the DS, I'd like to see it in sprite form rather than using any 3D graphics. Also, I'd like to use this opportunity to include characters that didn't make it, and to me SHOULD have made it, into Punch-Out!! for the Wii...

...Dragon Chan, FTW!
Yeah, it seemed odd to me how they only let in three from Super Punch-Out!! (the game's files reveal that Disco Kid is really Kid Quick). Though some of the fighters in SPO were pallete swaps, there were some real unique ones. The sprite style would be interesting to see, though I can't really think of how else they can make it look good.

I think they went with the NES characters mostly because that's where they were borrowing the overall gameplay mechanic (dodging, punching, star punches, etc.), though I was extremely pissed off when I found out Aran Ryan would be in the game and not Dragon Chan.

I mean, COME ON! Out of all the characters from Super Punch-Out!! he's got the be the BLANDEST and most uninteresing character in the game! In fact, I'd even go as far as to say he was the blandest and most uninteresting character in the entire Punch-Out!! series, next to Kid Quick and Pizza Pasta.

It's a good thing they made him awesome in Punch-Out!! for the Wii.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Smashgoom202 said:

...Dragon Chan, FTW!
Yeah, it seemed odd to me how they only let in three from Super Punch-Out!! (the game's files reveal that Disco Kid is really Kid Quick). Though some of the fighters in SPO were pallete swaps, there were some real unique ones. The sprite style would be interesting to see, though I can't really think of how else they can make it look good.
Well, it is Punch Out!! not Super Punch Out!! MY guess is that they're gonna make another wii-make for that.

Waluigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

...Dragon Chan, FTW!
Well, it is Punch Out!! not Super Punch Out!! MY guess is that htey're gonna make another wii-make for that.
Maybe not, but I'd like the DS version to be based off of Super Punch Out {which I've never played}, since it seems pretty different from Punch Out!!,and I love the variety of characters.

Angry Sasquatch said:
Waluigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

...Dragon Chan, FTW!
Well, it is Punch Out!! not Super Punch Out!! MY guess is that htey're gonna make another wii-make for that.
Maybe not, but I'd like the DS version to be based off of Super Punch Out {which I've never played}, since it seems pretty different from Punch Out!!,and I love the variety of characters.
Nah, Super Punch Out!!! really sucked.

Back