Where do you buy your games?

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
I buy from Amazon mostly. If possible, I'll go to GameCrazy, they're hard to find, but worth it. If worse comes to worse, I'll go to Wal-Mart.

I avoid GameStop. They've ripped me off many times.

I usually have to resort to Gamestop, which I hate.

Depends. If it's new, the prices on Ebay/Amazon can be too inflated, I'll get it at Gamestop if it's old, and target if it's new. Mostly Amazon, though.

I get most of them as presents and the ones I buy I get from Toys R Us or Target since they're on backroads because my mom is too scared to drive on highways.

Electronics Boutique and JB Hi-Fi, since they have a great selection. I also buy all my albums from JB.

Ziggy Stardust said:
Electronics Boutique and JB Hi-Fi, since they have a great selection. I also buy all my albums from JB.
I've never heard of a JB before. Where do you live?

I go to my local Gamestop. They never rip me off. I like it there. Plus they recently redesigned and their layout is much more efficient.

SuperAnthony said:
I go to my local Gamestop. They never rip me off. I like it there. Plus they recently redesigned and their layout is much more efficient.
I think that every GS is different. My local store has given me nothing but trouble.

Just to name a few:
- I once traded in 5 games at once and only got about $20 store credit. That, to me, feels like a rip-off.
- The "help" gave me the stink-eye when I went and bought SMG. A younger kid in front of bought a Silent Hill game, then the clerk just gave me the weirdest look.
- MK:DD!! used is $40? wut?

The first one isn't strange to me. But the other ones are. Double dash for $40 used? That's strange...

Game, gamestop, or daily price. Although recently I have been buying online at play.com or amazon when I have to import from the US (I´m european). It´s so absurd that imported games can be CHEAPER than the ones I find in phisycal stores, which are usually more expensive

Vile said:
SuperAnthony said:
I think that every GS is different. My local store has given me nothing but trouble.

Just to name a few:
- I once traded in 5 games at once and only got about $20 store credit. That, to me, feels like a rip-off.
- The "help" gave me the stink-eye when I went and bought SMG. A younger kid in front of bought a Silent Hill game, then the clerk just gave me the weirdest look.
- MK:DD!! used is $40? wut?

I bought Orange Box for 360 without being asked for ID

<3 Gamestop

My local GameStop, it's the nearest place to get games within biking distance.

The only dumb thing is they give me looks when I buy a kiddy game.

My dad also gets some games for me at Nintendo World if it's the first realise date since he works in NYC. That's how I got Pokémon Diamond and M&L:BiS.

Oh and I go to my costco wherehouse where all games are 5-10 dollars lower than the sale price.

The shop.

Back