The Official Nirvana Thread

Discuss.

Personally my favorite band. Every single song they ever made was simply fantastic, and the fact that they only lasted seven years and only released four main studio albums made sure they never got old or redundant.

Still, it really sucks that Kurt Cobain died. And I'm really not buying this whole suicide thing; We all know Courtney Love did it.

I don't know if he killed himself or not. There's evidence it was suicide, there's evidence it was murder... I dunno.

One of the things I like best about Nirvana is that no matter how distorted, loud, or incomprehensible the songs are, Kurt Cobain managed to make them into masterpieces

Also, am I the only one who thinks Lounge Act is incredibly underrated?

I don't think anyone payed too close attention to it as it wasn't released as a single. But it IS a great song.

Love the last verse, when Kurt screams it. :)

But yeah, most people don't really pay much attention to non-singles.

Most of the time, at least. Quite a few songs off Nevermind were popular and became live staples despite not being released as singles. Same thing goes for Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy" way back when.

Ziggy Stardust said:
True Cobainists believe he was murdered!
Per. I once wrote a huge report on why I thought he was murdered, and all sorts of evidence that proved it, and disproved the suicide theory.

Also, "School" is a great song. Highly underrated.

Stooben Rooben said:
Ziggy Stardust said:
True Cobainists believe he was murdered!
Per. I once wrote a huge report on why I thought he was murdered, and all sorts of evidence that proved it, and disproved the suicide theory.

Also, "School" is a great song. Highly underrated.
Wouldn't you believe it, it's just my luck. No recess!

I didn't really like most of Bleach, except for About a Girl, Negative Creep, Love Buzz, and School.

All of Nevermind and In Utero are great. Use just once and destroy, invasion of our piracy!

Big Cheese and Downer were also pretty good. Bleach just wasn't my favorite of the Nirvana albums. In Utero gets that honor. ;)

Nevermind is my favorite Nirvana album.

Stooben Rooben said:
Nevermind is my favorite Nirvana album.
Nevermind is great too.

I like In Utero because it balances the clean sound of Nevermind and the grungy, dark sound of Bleach.

I'd say the best song on Bleach is Big Cheese.

Back