Adventures of Lo [New download!]

Aiko Heiwa

Power Star
Banned User
Adventures of Lo is an RPG I am making for a school project using RPG Maker XP.

The plot of the game is that you are Lo a seemingly normal 17 year old from an average small town (Complete with an old perv) until one day (the date the game begins) and his childhood friend Aerith asks to see him. She tells him that the King of all people wants to see them. Upon arriving to the castle, they discover that the King has been attacked and his last words are "Copeck Town" As Lo and Aerith travel to Copeck Town, they are ambushed by thieves. The leader of the thieves introduces him as Marx and asks them what they are doing on his turf. They explain there dilemma and Marx (reluctantly) decides to help them because his parents were murdered.

That's the story so far.

Screenshots

adventuresoflo.png

adventuresoflo2.png

adventuresoflotablet.png

Download a test version of the game here.

The Official Forums are found here.

Re: Adventures of Lo

Cool. And for a guy (girl?) that hates eathbound, the parents of a theif being murdered then the theif helping you has been in those games. Not saying your ripping them off. Really good ideas, like how it looks so far.

theadventuresoflo.png

Kracken said:
Cool. And for a guy (girl?) that hates eathbound, the parents of a theif being murdered then the theif helping you has been in those games. Not saying your ripping them off. Really good ideas, like how it looks so far.
[/quote
I don't hate EarthBound, I just was never a fan of the series.

Fighter said:
Looks pretty good.
That was what I was going to say. This is pretty awesome, what's the battle style going to be like? The only downside that I need a real computer to play this. :(

Jeff said:
Fighter said:
Looks pretty good.
That was what I was going to say. This is pretty awesome, what's the battle style going to be like? The only downside that I need a real computer to play this. :(
The battle style will be like a generic RPG, you choose what the members of your party do and depending on your speeds either you or the enemy(s) attack.

Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Fighter said:
Looks pretty good.
The battle style will be like a generic RPG, you choose what the members of your party do and depending on your speeds either you or the enemy(s) attack.
I meant how is this going to look visualy? Is it going to look like Final Fantsy, DragonQuest, MOTHER 3, etc.?

Jeff said:
Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Fighter said:
Looks pretty good.
I meant how is this going to look visualy? Is it going to look like Final Fantsy, DragonQuest, MOTHER 3, etc.?
You know that's what I thought you meant.

It'll look pretty much like this.
adventuresoflobattle.png

You're going to let us play when it's finished, right?

Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Fighter said:
Looks pretty good.

adventuresoflobattle.png
Reminds me of EarthBound. :D

Did you make those sprites yourself, or were they built in?

Jeff said:
Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Fighter said:
Looks pretty good.

adventuresoflobattle.png
Reminds me of EarthBound. :D

Did you make those sprites yourself, or were they built in?
They were built in.

I suck at custom sprites. Plus, it's the gameplay that matters. Not whether or not the sprites were built in or not.

Yoshario said:
How long did it take to make it?
Games not even near complete yet.

I've only been working on it for like a week or so.

So is this game completely made up, or did you base the plot/ gameplay on another RPG?

Re: Adventures of Lo [Beta Contest!]

Well, the plots probably been done before.

But no RPG I know of has the plot.

Jigglypuff said:
The next 10 people to post will get to beta test an INCOMPLETE version of the game within this week. It will be more of a gamma test, I'm working for maybe 30 maps.

It will just be a test to see if the game will work and any bugs/text errors and the like.

Beta Testers
------------------
It's times like these that I wish I had a real computer again. :(

Again, really cool. I'd be happy to test, and I'm assuming I need to download/buy something to do it? Tell me, and I'll try to get it.

Kracken said:
Again, really cool. I'd be happy to test, and I'm assuming I need to download/buy something to do it? Tell me, and I'll try to get it.
No, you'd just need to download the file and install it.

Jigglypuff said:
Kracken said:
I'd like to do it, but I don't think I can. Does it have any launguage or other inapropriate content? I have younger siblings and such, so I really can't have that around....

Kracken said:
Jigglypuff said:
Kracken said:
I'd like to do it, but I don't think I can. Does it have any launguage or other inapropriate content? I have younger siblings and such, so I really can't have that around....
The first post said there was an old perv in town, not everyone considers that inappropate though.

Jeff said:
Kracken said:
Jigglypuff said:
Kracken said:
The first post said there was an old perv in town, not everyone considers that inappropate though.
Technically he's just looking in at a window of a house fulla chicks. And then one of them pokes his eye.

And no, you can't go in the house.

Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Kracken said:
Jigglypuff said:
Kracken said:
Technically he's just looking in at a window of a house fulla chicks. And then one of them pokes his eye.

And no, you can't go in the house.
That's what worried me. It seems okay, so I guess I can test it. If you need me.

Back