Math Problem

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
y=(h*d/h+(-x))z-(bfh)

In the above equation for calculating awesomeness, Y is awesomeness, H is respect level on a scale of 1 to 10, D is density, X is population of home city, Z is width, B is age, and F is the number of letters in the day of the week you were born. If Y is 237.846432839472925240871826354100, find all the other variables.

This problem was, unfortunately, both invented and solved by furries. It took my friend 30 minutes and two calculators.

Ramblin' Evil Mushroom said:
y=(h*d/h+(-x))z-(bfh)

In the above equation for calculating awesomeness, Y is awesomeness, H is respect level on a scale of 1 to 10, D is density, X is population of home city, Z is width, B is age, and F is the number of letters in the day of the week you were born. If Y is 237.846432839472925240871826354100, find all the other variables.

This problem was, unfortunately, both invented and solved by furries. It took my friend 30 minutes and two calculators.
1) Do calculators even go that high?
2) Your friend's a furry?

1) Some. Depends how much it costs.
2) Yes, unfortunately.

1) Some. Depends how much it costs.
2) Yes, unfortunately.
1) The only calculator I have with a large number input is my Mario Calculator on my DSi, but that only can handle 13 digits at once.
2) Poor guy. :(

Jeff said:
1) The only calculator I have with a large number input is my Mario Calculator on my DSi, but that only can handle 13 digits at once.
TIs can take gigantic numbers, at least in the input. I'm pretty sure the calculator on your computer can take as many digits as you can type.

Jeff said:
TIs can take gigantic numbers, at least in the input. I'm pretty sure the calculator on your computer can take as many digits as you can type.
My computer broke, remember. XP

OK, let's start by finding out the likely values of the variables.

1 ≤ Y ≤ 10
0/km2 < D < 20,000/km2 or 0/mi2 < Y < 50,000/mi2
Z - unknown.
B = 15?
6 ≤ F ≤ 9

Back