Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
:???:

This is a very Supid question.
YES

Yoshiwalker said:
How is it a stupid question? It's completely legitimate.
Well it's a fact that Jesus existed and is just people are not sure if there is a god.

Dr. Eggman said:
Yoshiwalker said:
Well it's a fact that Jesus existed and is just people are not sure if there is a god.
Are you kidding? There are tons of people who don't believe in Jesus existing.

Dr. Eggman said:
Yoshiwalker said:

Link to evidence, plz.

Like Shyguy said, it's been going on for pages and hasn't gotten too ugly. Everyone's been more or less behaving themselves.

Nabber said:
The truth is that Jesus never really meant to make a religion. He had some beliefs and his students decided to make it a religion with a few major changes.
Uh...what?

So everything he said about Peter being the rock of his Church doesn't apply?

Jack Noir said:
Like Shyguy said, it's been going on for pages and hasn't gotten too ugly. Everyone's been more or less behaving themselves.

Nabber said:
The truth is that Jesus never really meant to make a religion. He had some beliefs and his students decided to make it a religion with a few major changes.
Uh...what?

We're talking about a man who is completely obscure. We're judging everything we know about him on the words of some random students.

Nabber said:
Jack Noir said:

Nabber said:
Uh...what?

We're talking about a man who is completely obscure. We're judging everything we know about him on the words of some random students.
Who's obscure, Jesus or Peter? Obviously Jesus isn't obscure if we have this topic to debate him in. And Peter was eventually crucified by the Romans upside down because he wouldn't stop proclaiming his faith. Out of Jesus's followers he's probably tied with Paul for the most memorable.

Hypnotoad said:
Dr. Eggman said:
Yoshiwalker said:

Link to evidence, plz.
It's debatable. I know Wikipedia is a bad source but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

As far as believing he existed as a man.

Mason said:
Hypnotoad said:
Dr. Eggman said:
Yoshiwalker said:

Link to evidence, plz.
It's debatable. I know Wikipedia is a bad source but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

As far as believing he existed as a man.

My thoughts exactly.

Jack Noir said:
Exactly. The worst part of this whole topic is all the people who go "omg these people can't handle a mature discussion about religion despite the fact that they've been doing it for pages! I must alert the mods to lock this because they clearly don't have any idea that this thread is happening."

Per Jack and Herr shyguy. This thread is getting very off topic. Its a question, not a debate. A simple, yes or no. Why is everyone arguing? Some of this is bashing other people and their beleifs, why? Heres a proposal: Why don't we leave this thread a question and make a new thread for a debate. A ORDERLY debate, I mean we can all be rational, can't we? I'm tired of all the anger, bashing, illogical statements, and the like, and I'm sure many other people are to. I'll go start a thread for a debate on this topic.

That's actually the complete opposite of my point. This thread evolving into a thread for religious discussion is perfectly reasonable.

Herr Shyguy said:
That's actually the complete opposite of my point. This thread evolving into a thread for religious discussion is perfectly reasonable.
I agree

Okay seriously this thread shouldn't be about whether it's a valid thread or not, it should really be about Jesus's existence.

I think Shyguy's saying that the only spam is coming from people INSISTING there's an argument. No argument is harming the thread. If not, I need it explained more clearly.

However, I disagree a little, because too many of the people claiming to be Christian have no idea what they're talking about and it's offensive and annoying >_> but I guess that happens enough to where just because it involves religion doesn't mean I should get butthurt.

Jack Noir said:
Okay seriously this thread shouldn't be about whether it's a valid thread or not, it should really be about Jesus's existence.

Which shouldn't be a question at all because the man/diety who you are you're referring to really did exist. It's really a question of whether he was the son of God.

Rosencrantz said:
Jack Noir said:

Which shouldn't be a question at all because the man/diety who you are you're referring to really did exist. It's really a question of whether he was the son of God.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Personally I believe in him and that he was the son of God.

Oh yeah, Pascal's wager pretty much sums up a good reason to believe in God:
6a00d834515db069e2011571255a3f970c-800wi.gif

Jack Noir said:
Rosencrantz said:
Jack Noir said:

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Personally I believe in him and that he was the son of God.

Oh yeah, Pascal's wager pretty much sums up a good reason to believe in God:
6a00d834515db069e2011571255a3f970c-800wi.gif

I don't like this. God gave us free belief for a reason (if he exists.) I don't see a reason for him to send someone to hell just because you don't believe in him.

Back