Sunshine Travel Guide

TheBlueCatMenace

So Retro!
Pronouns
They/Them
If you have a suggestion for a location or section for the Sunshine Travel Guide, or just want to talk about it, post here.

Completed locations
  • Cheep Cheep Beach
  • Bowser's Castle
  • Rose Town
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • All Galaxies from Mario Galaxy
  • Flower Kingdom
  • New Donk City
  • Lake Lapcat
  • Bowser
  • ????

Last edited:
Alright, for issue 200 of the Shroom', I need to do something special to shake things up in the Sunshine Travel Guide! Please post suggestions here. Or don't, and force me to use my brain instead. Also, while I'm here, I thought I'd like to add something new to the Travel Guide, so it's not the same every week, examples being a new thing to cover, like history of the location, or expand the souvenir section into a proper catalogue, or maybe even expand into other Nintendo franchises, stuff like that. Or not like that. I'm not picky. First person to answer gets a shout out/cameo hybrid thing in issue 200.

Alright, for issue 200 of the Shroom', I need to do something special to shake things up in the Sunshine Travel Guide! Please post suggestions here. Or don't, and force me to use my brain instead. Also, while I'm here, I thought I'd like to add something new to the Travel Guide, so it's not the same every week, examples being a new thing to cover, like history of the location, or expand the souvenir section into a proper catalogue, or maybe even expand into other Nintendo franchises, stuff like that. Or not like that. I'm not picky. First person to answer gets a shout out/cameo hybrid thing in issue 200.

Hmm how 'bout you go galactic with the Comet Observatory, there are lots of different facilities and activities, and it's kind of grand for issue 200. Maybe you could make a list of things not to do there as well! Just an idea

Since the Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake is coming out in a couple of months, how about doing the Metro Kingdom/New Donk City?

(Also, if I may make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to include a list of all the locations you've covered so far in the first post of this thread. That way you shouldn't get duplicate suggestions from users who may not have seen/remember them all.)

For fun I asked ChatGPT to create an issue of the Sunshine Travel guide. **Sunshine Travel Guide: Mushroom Kingdom Edition**

Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom, a land filled with adventure, mystery, and an abundance of floating question blocks! We've crafted the ultimate travel guide to ensure your journey is as memorable as Mario's mustache. Let's dive into the Mushroom Kingdom madness!

### **Destination Highlights:**

1. **Mushroom Kingdom Castle:**
- Don't be fooled by the apparent lack of security. Princess Peach's castle is a must-see, but keep an eye out for sneaky turtles with a penchant for kidnapping royalty.

2. **Toad Town Toadstools:**
- Meet the delightful Toads of Toad Town. Fun fact: Toads can pull pretty much anything out of their heads, from hammers to confetti!

3. **Yoshi's Island:**
- Experience the joy of riding colorful Yoshis. Warning: Yoshis may have a tendency to eat absolutely anything, so keep your snacks close.

4. **Boo's Haunted Mansion:**
- For the thrill-seekers, Boo's Mansion offers ghostly tours and, if you're lucky, a game of hide-and-scare. It's a spook-tacular experience!

### **Local Cuisine:**

- **Super Mushroom Soup:**
- A hearty soup that may or may not cause unexpected growth spurts. Side effects include bouncing.

- **Fire Flower Fajitas:**
- Spice up your day with Fire Flower Fajitas. Warning: Handle with care, or you might breathe fire!

- **Star Power Smoothie:**
- A beverage that grants temporary invincibility. Drink responsibly, and avoid trying to jump on your enemies afterward.

### **Transportation:**

- **Warp Pipes:**
- Move quickly between locations with our state-of-the-art Warp Pipes. Just beware of occasional Piranha Plant sightings!

- **Koopa Troopa Taxis:**
- Need a ride? Hop on the back of a friendly Koopa Troopa taxi. Please refrain from attempting to jump on their heads.

### **Activities:**

- **Go-Kart Grand Prix:**
- Channel your inner Mario and friends with a thrilling go-kart race. Power-ups included, but use them wisely to avoid banana peel mishaps.

- **Bob-omb Beach Volleyball:**
- Enjoy a day at the beach with a twist! Bob-ombs make excellent volleyballs – just make sure the fuse is extinguished.

- **Underwater Coin Collecting:**
- Dive into sparkling oceans to collect coins. Watch out for Cheep Cheeps and Blooper ink – it's a wet and wild adventure!

### **Safety Tips:**

1. **Watch Your Step:**
- Be cautious of suspicious-looking blocks. Some might contain helpful items, while others may have an angry Wiggler waiting inside.

2. **Beware of Piranha Plants:**
- They may look harmless, but these botanical baddies are known for surprising unsuspecting travelers. Keep a safe distance!

3. **Avoid Bowser's Castle:**
- Unless you fancy a challenging obstacle course filled with lava pits, Thwomps, and occasional fire-breathing encounters, steer clear of Bowser's Castle.

### **Souvenirs:**

- **1-Up Mushrooms:**
- Take home the ultimate souvenir – a 1-Up Mushroom. Guaranteed to bring good luck, or at least an extra life.

- **Question Block Plushies:**
- Bring the magic of the Mushroom Kingdom into your home with these adorable plushies. Press the button for a surprise item (not guaranteed).

Remember, every adventure in the Mushroom Kingdom is a coin-collecting, power-up-grabbing, princess-saving extravaganza. Pack your overalls and get ready for an unforgettable journey! See you in the Kingdom, adventurer!

Back