Searching for Wario's appearances in Japan-exclusive media

I've been working on the Wario article diligently for the past several weeks, which mostly includes the History section, in an attempt to cover the character comprehensively. Following my research, I believe that documenting Wario's official appearances in any and all media is feasible, and that task has been accomplished for the most part.

However, there remains one final hurdle I have to face: several pieces of Japan-exclusive print media featuring Wario are nearly impossible for me to cover, since I don't know Japanese. On top of this, much of this media is very difficult to find outside of Japan.

All of this media is manga, with the exception of one picture book series:
The two most important manga to cover would be the volumes of Super Mario-kun and the Kodansha Mario manga based on games featuring Wario. I haven't currently been able to find any Super Mario-kun scans, but scans of virtually every Kodansha volume are available here: https://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=14805.0

The Kodansha Mario manga volumes with Wario in them are volumes 19, 20, and 21 for the Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins adaptation, and volumes 24, 25, and 26 for the Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 adaptation, as well as volumes 27 and 28, which are based on Mario & Wario and Wario's Woods, respectively. Wario has held a realistic gun in at least one of these volumes; to my knowledge, this is the only media in which he does so.

Scans of all of the pages from Mario no Bōken Land are available here: https://mega.nz/folder/6rpSXY6T#I5SN9Q0CmqD9g744pMCHFw/folder/CjoB2IIQ

Go!! Go!! Mario Kart doesn't feature Wario as prominently as other media, but it is easily accessible here: https://randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/ai/scans/fami2comic.html#kart

Following that would be Ore Dayo! Wario Dayo!!, but the plot summaries currently on its wiki article are very sparse, and it doesn't seem to be easily accessible. The remaining media is extremely difficult for me to find any information on.

Finally, even if all of this is too daunting at the moment, there's one small piece of text separate from this media that I would greatly appreciate anyone translating: Wario's description in Yakuman DS.
Yakuman DS Wario Description.png

If anyone has any information about this media, I encourage you to either post it here or write about it on the newly-created History of Wario article. My sincere thanks goes to anyone who can contribute.

image_2023-05-27_180924464.png

I used Google Translate to examine this image. It is a poor quality Machine Translation but it probably means something like: "Draws tiles with impressive, dynamic strokes".

If you compare Mario's, you can tell the intent that the writing has for each character, which is to describe their play style.

image_2023-05-27_181245686.png

I have a full translation of the Wario Land 4 based chapter of Super Mario-kun volume 28, I just haven't yet added missing info to the wiki. Hoping to get it done during June.

Back