The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Hello, all of you readers of The 'Shroom and community members in general! We have a fresh edition of the paper for you, coming hot off the presses!

We've got a little bit of everything! Whether you're in the mood for robot combat and poll analysis, for creative Miis and fun comics, for the latest in sports and news straight from the Mushroom Kingdom, for reviews of Buc-ee's and a graphic novel by Hayao Miyazaki, for Digimon and Fire Emblem, or word games and poetry puzzles, we have all of that and more!

When you're done reading all of that, why don't you consider dropping us a line? We always enjoy hearing from our readers and members of the community! Don't feel like you have to write anything long to send a message. We'll gladly receive it even if it's as small as telling us which of our seasonal backgrounds you like the most or complimenting a piece of art in the paper!

As a matter of fact, there's something we'd like to hear from all of you out there. To our readers, former writers, or anyone, really, what are your thoughts on our Section of the Month system where you vote for your favorite section in each team each month? Do you like it? Is there some other way you'd prefer to recognize and engage with our writers in addition to it? Basically, we're interested in any thoughts you have about engaging with and recognizing writers, whether they're long or short, simple or detailed! Please do send them to us!

Alright, I've gone on long enough! There's a packed issue for you to enjoy, so go and enjoy it! And should you find a spark of inspiration as you read, we're always accepting applications - and, of course, we're still accepting special submissions for issue 200!

It appears that tracking protections on some browsers are blocking our SOTM polls! I'm all for tracking protection, but what are the odds that this becomes apparent the very month we're asking for thoughts on it?

If you can't see our SOTM polls, please try disabling tracking protection on site, if you're comfortable with doing so.

Here's a guide on turning off tracking protections in Firefox.

Here's a guide on making exceptions to tracking protection in Edge.

Have one for Safari, as well!

Hopefully this helps! Do let us know if you encounter other issues!

Hello, all of you readers of The 'Shroom! Are you ready for issue 193 tomorrow? I can assure you that we're eager to share it with you! I'd like to let you know, however, that we'll be sharing it with you a little later in the day tomorrow than we usually do.

While we typically aim to get the issue released around 10:00-11:00 AM EDT, tomorrow, on account of our availability, we'll be aiming to release the issue between 1:00-2:00 PM EDT. That's around to in your timezone.

It'll be slightly later in the day, but we're just as excited for you to see the issue! Please look forward to it!

Back