How do I put pics in my messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifreak

OH YEAH!!! WALUIGI TIME!!!!
I know that you have to put the img/img thingy, but do you put, like, Picname.jpeg or what? Also, what types om images can I put in my messages? thanks in advance.

First, you find/upload the picture online. Then you paste the image url in image tags, like so:
Code:
[IMG]http://kumakorner.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/kamina.jpg[/IMG]
If you wanted top post this:
kamina.jpg

Also, any type of image format will work as far as I know.

If I remember correctly, .xcf and .tiff files don't work here.

Well, I Made a few sprites that i needed to use on the awards ceremony, which is on the forum. I made them in paint, so do I have to post them on a webpage or something?

And, you should also save those sprite files in PNG. It's the best extension for sprite files, plus, it actually works on this forum.

Okay. I got my pics on photobucket, so its all good. Thanks! But.... ACK! it's the attack of the punce out characters! (You guys have good taste!)

Mr. Sandman said:
And, you should also save those sprite files in PNG. It's the best extension for sprite files, plus, it actually works on this forum.

Well, that's not always true.

.png works for everything, especially sprites, but it also takes up a rather large amount of space.
.gif is the next best thing. Just use a program like Giffy to convert bitmap files into .gif files without ruining the quality, and you've got a smaller file with the same quality.

.jpg is terrible for sprites, but with larger pictures like artwork, it works fine. (But you knew that.)

Aran Ryan said:
Mr. Sandman said:

Well, that's not always true.

.png works for everything, especially sprites, but it also takes up a rather large amount of space.
.gif is the next best thing. Just use a program like Giffy to convert bitmap files into .gif files without ruining the quality, and you've got a smaller file with the same quality.

.jpg is terrible for sprites, but with larger pictures like artwork, it works fine. (But you knew that.)
I forgot about that program. It does make .gif files look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back