“E-rated” Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth cartridge

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
I got a cartridge of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth on eBay, and played the beginning of the case on it, as right now it seems to work competently, but the cartridge says rated E when the game is actually rated T. Does anyone have ideas why that is? And what is others' advice on whether I should keep it or return and refund it?
5B4F2BA7-39CD-4FA7-BEE2-3A14962AE6AB.jpeg

You bought a bootleg copy, sorry.

Even aside from the incorrect ESRB rating, one big tell of a legit vs fake DS cartridge is the lower-left corner on the label.

Authentic cartridges have the lower left corner being straight cut, like in this photo of a legit cartridge of this game I found:
s-l1000.jpg

Bootlegs, like the one you have, have the lower-left corner being curved.

As far as 'getting your money back', I'd say give it a shot, I'd expect you bought this expecting a legitimate copy of the game and not a bootleg one. eBay tends to be really good at siding with the buyers.

You bought a bootleg copy, sorry.

Even aside from the incorrect ESRB rating, one big tell of a legit vs fake DS cartridge is the lower-left corner on the label.

Authentic cartridges have the lower left corner being straight cut, like in this photo of a legit cartridge of this game I found:
View attachment 30862

Bootlegs, like the one you have, have the lower-left corner being curved.

As far as 'getting your money back', I'd say give it a shot, I'd expect you bought this expecting a legitimate copy of the game and not a bootleg one. eBay tends to be really good at siding with the buyers.
I'm more interested in whether it gets the job done in terms of playing the game actually. Do you think it functions like an authentic cartridge in terms of me still being able to play it, but just is inauthentic?

there's no way to know other than playing it, honestly. maybe it'll be legit in terms of giving you AAI like you wanted, maybe it'll break after a case. all depends on the bootleg itself

Gonna give an update on this. I got a partial refund on the cartridge, causing it to cost less than $9. I got an authentic cartridge from eBay, and was planning to give the fake cartridge to my suitemate as a Christmas present, as he likes Ace Attorney and said he was interested in it. However, I kept thinking about it, and decided that it would be nicer to give him the authentic cartridge. Right now, I have the fake cartridge, but if it starts failing while I'm playing it, I'll just buy the remaining cases on the Apple Store.

Some good news, I just reported the fake cartridge to eBay under that an image in the description showed the cartridge as T-rated.

Back