Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
They
MarioWiki
Roserade
Just because I can use another project to work on Whenever I Feel Like It

As many of you know, I've always been a massive fan of Smash Bros. and the characters which go into it. Challenger Approaching! is the 'Shroom section where I demonstrated that directly within this community, but long before then, I was still fantasizing over who I'd like to see and what movesets they could utilize. This is where this thread comes in.

In a very old notebook of mine, I once kept a collection of the characters I wanted added to the next Smash game - or at least, the ones I had ideas for. This writing came from a pre-Smash 4 era, so if I had to take a guess, I'd say I wrote it when I was about 10, in 2012. My goal for this thread is to showcase those characters for you, emphasizing why I chose them and how I envisioned their movesets when I was little. It won't be a complicated process; I'll speak to every character in full, and include simple doodles of special moves, but otherwise most of the fun for this thread will be seeing what wacky desires I had, because trust me, there are some wild ones.

In honor of a younger me, I'm titling this project Super Smash Bros. Bloom, and I hope you'll follow along as these old ideas blossom. My posting schedule for this thread is going to be when I get to posting in it, so be on the lookout!

Roster

Mario Bros.
Mario
Luigi*

* indicates unlockable

More to be revealed...

Last edited:
Mario Bros. series

Mario
IMG_20220922_1335474692.jpg

Unlocked from beginning
B: Fireball - Releases a small fire projectile that bounces across the ground and does little damage.
Side B: Cape - Swings a cape in front that will reflect projectiles and turn around opponents while causing minimal damage.
Up B: Super Jump Punch - Jumps with an uppercut, striking an opponent multiple times on ascension.
Down B: Hammer Drill - Buries into the ground with a hammer. When underground, he can move back and forth, until the B button is hit again or after a certain amount of time, when he bursts out with an upward swing.
Final Smash: Mario Finale - Fires off two twin flame projectiles that can carry opponents offstage.

Starting pretty basic with this one! Mario belongs to the Mario Bros. series, which will be an important distinction for later. There isn't much to say about his direct inclusion, since you can't have the game without Mario. His new Down B is inspired by the Drill Bros. technique found in the Mario & Luigi games. As you'll come to learn, the whole Mario & Luigi series, but especially Bowser's Inside Story, had a significant impact on decisions I made.

Last edited:
Luigi
IMG_20220926_1312331312.jpg

Unlocked by beating Classic Mode with Mario without losing any lives
B: Fireball - Releases a small fire projectile that travels in a straight line through the air.
Side B: Green Missile - Launches forward with body after charging up, carrying a horizontal distance. Has the possibility to misfire.
Up B: Super Jump Punch - Jumps with an uppercut, hitting opponents on ascension. Has a powerful sweet spot.
Down B: Luigi Cyclone - Spins body, hitting opponents and lifting upwards.
Final Smash: Snack Basket - Summons a basketful of tasty treats, which he eats before flying into the air and slamming down, causing a massive shockwave.

It's Luigi time. Another pretty straightforward iteration, this time with the Final Smash being directly influenced by Bowser's Inside Story. You'll never guess what my favorite Mario game was at the time. I remember just recently getting past the part where the Snack Basket Bros. Attack was unlocked while I wrote these out, so it was an easy slot in. With this write-up, I realized I forgot to add a note to Mario's about unlock criteria. I wrote down how each of the characters I decided on were unlocked while I created their movesets, so look forward to that as well.

Note to self: give more room to draw the Final Smash next time.

Back