The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
A conversation elsewhere made me start thinking about Game Notes, that little built-in application on the 3DS that you could tab into while playing a game and could use to take notes or even draw up images or maps or otherwise make hints or mark down things to remember. I think it might have had sixteen slots for notes? Of course, you could always erase them and make new ones.

I found myself using them pretty often (albeit, eventually, mostly for storing the EVs and movesets I wanted when raising up Pokémon), and found them quite useful. I've missed having them around on the Switch, myself, and wouldn't mind seeing them return in some form on there.

That leads me to ask, did anyone else use Game Notes often? What did you use it for, if anything? Would you like to see it or a feature like it return on the Switch or a future handheld?

I did use them but tbh I mostly used them for normal notes since I didn't have a smartphone at the time.

Think it was very rare where I'd actually use them for 'game notes', think I only ever did it in instances where I had to remember a certain thing in the game to do later.

Honestly, I wouldn't really care if the feature ever came back, I have a smartphone, so I can just use that to take notes of game stuff I need to write down.

Any type of password system or secret code in virtual console games (i.e. Castlevania 4's password system, the Link's Awakening book path) I would store in the game notes and go back and forth just so I had it handy. Additionally any kind of memory game that had a significant amount of cards and wasn't involving actual people I would write down just in case so I wouldn't forget and lose. It was pretty convenient although a bit slow to transition back and forth.

I used it a lot, still do if I ever need to jot down something in a game to check if it's on a wiki somewhere.

I also have a signature from Hayley Kiyoko in my Game Notes, which means my 3DS is technically a one-of-a-kind. Wonder how much that'll go for 👀

Back