Super....Popeye bros?

Fun little tidbit of info.... sorry if it's a hoax or if you alreadyu heard it....ahem:

The game Donkey Kong (the original one) was originally going to star Pepeye the sailor man, with Pauline being Olive Oyl and Donkey Kong being Brutus. But Shigeru and Nintendo could'nt get the rights to the characters, so they replaced each one with a made-up character....Mario, Pauline and Donkey Kong. I have new respect for that show.... post opinions here.

LOL. I can imagine: Popeye puches a ? block and out pops spinach. then he eats it, gets hit by a Weight (instead of a Twomp) and loses a Can. nice.

Not a hoax. That's the real deal.

Its true and a cool bit of information, I also heard Donkey Kong was an altered version of another game, Radar Scope, which I have yet to look up.

Max2 said:
LOL. I can imagine: Popeye puches a ? block and out pops spinach. then he eats it, gets hit by a Weight (instead of a Twomp) and loses a Can. nice.

seriously. that would be funny. I wonder... ugh. Dance Dance Revolution: Popeye Mix. D'oh! the Horror! DA HORRA!!!!

ultimatetoad said:
The game Donkey Kong (the original one) was originally going to star Pepeye the sailor man, with Pauline being Olive Oyl and Donkey Kong being Brutus. But Shigeru and Nintendo could'nt get the rights to the characters, so they replaced each one with a made-up character....Mario, Pauline and Donkey Kong. I have new respect for that show.... post opinions here.
I have heard about this before, and it's relly true.
Thanks GOD Myamoto can't get the righs and created Jumpman a.k.a Mario.

Max2 said:
Max2 said:

seriously. that would be funny. I wonder... ugh. Dance Dance Revolution: Popeye Mix. D'oh! the Horror! DA HORRA!!!!

ROFL! :lol: Just imagine....Super Popeye RPG: The Secret of The Seven Sailors...Paper Popeye: The Twenty-Year-Old Spinach Can....Popeye and Brutus: Sailors in Time...Super Princess Olive....Popeye Golf:Spinach Tour
..... OOOOGGGGG, THE HORROR!!!!! XD XP

Mr. Miyamoto was in charge of converting a bunch of Radar Scope arcade machines into a new game, as Radar Scope was failing in the states. So he developed Donkey Kong (basically on his own), and the rest is history.

Thtas not the real name.... I made it up.

I bet Mario would've eventually been introduced even if Nintendo had gotten those rights...

What would Popeye's answer to a Yoshi be?!

Maybe Wimpy could be Bowser... nah, not really. Maybe he could be Yoshi? Except the whole riding concept wouldn't work, because Wimpy stands upright... meh. I don't know much about the series. Didn't Olive Oil (can't spell her name) have a baby at one point? What was up with that?

I don't know anything about the series..... Until now, I had no clue who Olive Oyl and Brutus were....

Stumpers said:
Maybe Wimpy could be Bowser... nah, not really. Maybe he could be Yoshi? Except the whole riding concept wouldn't work, because Wimpy stands upright... meh. I don't know much about the series. Didn't Olive Oil (can't spell her name) have a baby at one point? What was up with that?

She sort of adopted a kid named Swee' Pea. Also, would Brutus/Bluto be a better Bowser? He's the villain of the Popeye series (I think). Wimpy might make a good Toad.

Made This:

But yeah, this is a bit strange- should we include it in the article on the mariowiki if it is real?

Oh, yes! Definately! I wish I could find that article again...

Eraineda said:
ultimatetoad said:
I have heard about this before, and it's relly true.
Thanks GOD Myamoto can't get the righs and created Jumpman a.k.a Mario.

Max2 said:
Max2 said:

ROFL! :lol: Just imagine....Super Popeye RPG: The Secret of The Seven Sailors...Paper Popeye: The Twenty-Year-Old Spinach Can....Popeye and Brutus: Sailors in Time...Super Princess Olive....Popeye Golf:Spinach Tour
..... OOOOGGGGG, THE HORROR!!!!! XD XP

LOL,20 year old spinach

Actually, the games would probably only have Popeye, and not a bro.

Back