The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Hello, all you readers of The 'Shroom! We're proud to be able to present you issue 175 of The 'Shroom, an issue celebrating 15 years of operation for this paper!

Fifteen years! Can you believe it? This community has not only been welcoming in new users and giving people a place to socialize and make friends for over fifteen years, but we've had enough dedicated writers and staff members to release a new issue of this paper, month after month, for fifteen whole years. I hope all of you in this community who have contributed to the paper over the years, whether you've been writing for years or started in this issue, whether you're Yoshi876 with hundreds of articles to your name or you only have one, take some pride in reaching this milestone!

Ah, but if I went on about that, we'd be here all day. Instead, let me point you to some highlights of this issue.

First up, we have our Trick-or-Treating activity! We have a list of the 21 best houses in New Wikisburg and its outlying areas for you to visit in this spooky October, so please be sure to check the activity out so you can collect some candy and meet some of our writers and staff members! I understand that everyone has put on special Halloween costumes for the occasion… Don't get too scared!

(Also, please do give big thanks to The Pyro Guy for dedicating a great deal of time and energy to making this activity possible!)

In addition, we have a few other special sections you ought to take a look at, including the 12th Poll Committee's Awards Analysis,, a special surprise put together by our own Magolor04726, and a collection of reflections from writers that our favorite cereal magnate, Waluigi Time, gathered for us.

On top of all the special sections, we have our usual lineup of six teams and Spotlight, all packed with great content. From regular faces like Shoey and Anton, to writers returning to us after a long absence like GBAToad, to new writers like Flygon64 and WildWario, your fellow community members have provided the paper with plenty of sections this month, so please don't miss them!

Oh, and I have one more note which you should heed. I know we're used to 'Shroom releases on the 3rd Saturday of each month, but, as you'll see on the main page of the Wiki and elsewhere, issue 176 will be released on November 13th, which is the second Saturday of next month.

Why are we doing this? Well, this will give us the standard four weeks between issue 175 and issue 176, meaning everyone will have the usual amount of working time as we prepare issue 176, and it will also give us five weeks between issue 176 and special issue 177.

In other words, we're adjusting the schedule just a little bit, as we promised, so that our writers and staff will have as much time as possible to prepare our big holiday special issue to end the year off right.

Like I said, this won't affect your working time for issue 176, but you may have to adjust your mental calendar! We'll be making sure reminders are sent out promptly at the usual time for issue 176 to minimize any confusion!

Last edited:
Ah, and don't miss these sections, either, that were definitely there at release and weren't edited in shortly after the fact.

First up, we have a new section called That NIWA List, written by PanchamBro, showcasing some of the stranger articles around NIWA!

And in Fun Stuff, we have Guess This Game's Facts by BananaBarrels.

Please don't miss these two sections, either.

(We apologize we've had a few sections edited in these past few months. We'll be taking steps to ensure we don't have to do this again. Thank you for your understanding.)

1634427815528.png

i need to shave

(but seriously, kudos to however drew this, you're awesome!)

Back