My Changes For Mario Kart Wii's Item Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greninja The Mario Karter

Greninja the Water/Dark Ninja
Pronouns
He, Him, His
Mario Kart Wii has a decent item selection, but that game introduced what I consider to be the worst items in the series, and there are a few returning stinkers. Here are some changes I would make.
Changed Item: Blue Spiny Shell
Wingless Blue Spiny Shell - Mario Kart Wii.png

One item will have its function changed, and that's the Blue Spiny Shell. This item will be wingless, allowing it to travel on the ground and hit other players on the way to first place, helping the user in some way, shape, or form.
Removed Item #1: Fake Item Box
Fake Item Box - Mario Kart Wii.png

The first item that will be removed is the Fake Item Box. It's basically just a copy of the Banana that doesn't block items, and it fails its job at fooling players. The replacement for this item will be the Super Leaf.
Removed Item #2: Blooper
Blooper - Mario Kart Wii.png

The next item that I feel should leave is the Blooper. This item is hardly a hindrance at all, since human players can see where they're going. The replacement for this item will be the Fire Flower.
Removed Item #3: Mega Mushroom
Mega Mushroom - Mario Kart Wii.png

This item is basically a weaker Star, as it doesn't protect you from Stars or Bullet Bills. On top of that, Lightning will return a Mega driver to normal. The replacement for this item will be the Super Mega Mushroom, which will be an upgraded version of this item.
Removed Item #4: POW Block
POW Block - Mario Kart Wii.png

This item is basically a weaker Lightning, but it's still powerful enough to make you lose your items unless you're airborne, and it appears too much, making the item insufferable. The replacement for this item will be the Red POW Block, which will be much more tolerable and appear much less frequently.
Removed Item #5: Thunder Cloud
Thunder Cloud - Mario Kart Wii.png

This item is basically the only one that harms you more than it helps, and it activates automatically. Even if you pass the cloud to another racer, it becomes that racer's problem. The replacement for this item will be the Rain Cloud.
Added Item #1: Super Leaf
Super Leaf - Mario Kart Wii.png

As mentioned above, the Super Leaf will serve as the replacement for the Fake Item Box. This item will have a similar function to Mario Kart 7, except it will act automatically, free an item slot while in use, and its attack range will be twice as big, as the tail will be twice as long.
Added Item #2: Fire Flower
Fire Flower - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Fire Flower will replace the Blooper. This item will allow you to fire up to ten fireballs within a span of ten seconds.
Added Item #3: Super Mega Mushroom
Super Mega Mushroom - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Super Mega Mushroom will be the Mega Mushroom's replacement. This item will act similar to the item it is to replace, except it will protect the player from every single item. It will be obtainable in mid to low positions, and it will be a very rare item.
Added Item #4: Red POW Block
Red POW Block - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Red POW Block will replace the POW Block. This item will only affect players within the user's radius as opposed to affecting everyone ahead of the user, and in addition to being airborne or shaking the controller to avoid it, this item can also be avoided by getting a speed boost when the third strike goes off. Players will also keep their items if this item hits them. This item will be extremely rare, and it can be obtained in mid to high positions.
Added Item #5: Rain Cloud
Rain Cloud - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Rain Cloud will be the Thunder Cloud's replacement. This item can be used by choice, and it is thrown at another racer. Once it hits a racer, it will begin raining on that player, decreasing their handing, off-road, and mini-turbo. Since this item doesn't have a hot potato-esque nature, the player can get rid of it by using a speed boost, similar to the Red POW Block.
Added Item #6: Boo
Boo - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Boo is one of two added items that will not replace an already existing item. This item will act as it did in Mario Kart DS, except if it can't find an item, it will give the player a Mushroom or Triple Mushroom.
Added Item #7: Super Horn
Super Horn - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Super Horn is the other added item that will not replace an already existing item. This item will act as in Mario Kart 8, destroying items like the Spiny Shell and flipping over players in its radius. Affected racers will lose their items. Mario Kart Wii should have been the game to introduce this item.

I feel like with these changes, the amount of items in the game will increase to 21 from 19, and some of the stinkers will be gone, while one of them will be reworked.

Seems pretty quiet here. I guess nobody has anything to say about my item changes for Mario Kart Wii other than me.

Added Item #3: Super Mega Mushroom
Super Mega Mushroom - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Super Mega Mushroom will be the Mega Mushroom's replacement. This item will act similar to the item it is to replace, except it will protect the player from every single item. It will be obtainable in mid to low positions, and it will be a very rare item.
Added Item #4: Red POW Block
Red POW Block - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Red POW Block will replace the POW Block. This item will only affect players within the user's radius as opposed to affecting everyone ahead of the user, and in addition to being airborne or shaking the controller to avoid it, this item can also be avoided by getting a speed boost when the third strike goes off. Players will also keep their items if this item hits them. This item will be extremely rare, and it can be obtained in mid to high positions.
Added Item #5: Rain Cloud
Rain Cloud - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Rain Cloud will be the Thunder Cloud's replacement. This item can be used by choice, and it is thrown at another racer. Once it hits a racer, it will begin raining on that player, decreasing their handing, off-road, and mini-turbo. Since this item doesn't have a hot potato-esque nature, the player can get rid of it by using a speed boost, similar to the Red POW Block.

Is nobody going to comment about these three replacements for the Wii exclusive items? Oh well, I guess I'll just keep these to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back