Two Cats and a Mountain

Do you like the game so far?

• Total voters

THE END

I am infinite, I am nothing
A small Celeste-inspired game made with Bloxels. I'll post news and sneak peaks (pun intended) for my game regularly here.

The demo is out! Play it here —> Demo

fun little game. the celeste inspiration is pretty clear, but i like the freezing mechanic, you could probably do some fun things with it. as a bit of feedback, i think it'd be good to try and add checkpoints in, if thats something you're able to do with bloxels. games like celeste are brutally difficult but the abundance of checkpoints are what balance it out to be fun instead of frustrating. i'm interested to see how the rest of the project turns out!

Seconding Revin on his points. I do think the freezing mechanic has interesting potential, too.

I will say, one thing that's done well here is the use of antepieces to encourage players to get familiar with the mechanics while giving them a safe space to do so. In particular, putting the first star above a safe ground but where you have to freeze a bat to use as a platform is a good way of incentivizing players to think about freezing enemies to use them for platforming before you have to do it to cross spikes.

Keep that kind of thing up.

I suppose it's the norm to have to look up controls on computer games but I do think it would be nice if the ability to shoot ice were introduced in a more direct manner, though. If it could be given some kind of non-intrusive in-game tutorial, just a "here's a sign telling you you can do this, and here's an enemy to practice on" type of thing would help prevent any confusion.

Thanks for the feedback, that's why I made this thread

I wanted the freezing mechanic since the beginning because I didn't want players to be able to kill enemies by stomping them. About checkpoints, there will be. The stars also add challenge and replay ability.

Furthermore, I want to thank you for the feedback on the first enemy you have to freeze, because I didn't see that part from a player perspective. For me, it was obvious I had to freeze the bat to jump to the next platform. But for a player playing it for their first time, they'll probably scratch their head for a bit before realizing what they have to do. The game is more focused on platforming rather than solving puzzles, so they must know what to do at all times, the challenging part will be knowing how to execute it perfectly.

By the way, Blitz (Matz) and Mija share the same speed, amount of jumps and health. There's no difference between the two.

I can't confirm boss battles, since they're pretty lame in Bloxels. I can say the game will have a humongous difficulty spike, with the final challenges requiring all the skill you've gained throughout the game.

Back